X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• persianaweb
    replied
    it depends on the brand... for more info see this page solar equipment shop

MOD NOTE: Please do not include any advertisement of solar products without first getting permission from the admin.
    Last edited by SunEagle; 01-31-2023, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Nike
    On average, the benchmark $1 per 1 kilowatt of energy
    I am not sure what you are saying.

Leave a comment:

• Nike
    replied
    On average, the benchmark $1 per 1 kilowatt of energy

Leave a comment:

• solar pete
    replied
    Originally posted by madbrain

Would you mind posting or PM'ing where one could get such pricing? I'm in California.
    Yep in South Australia www.solarwholesalers.com.au , sorry best I can suggest for Cali is do some searches on www.solarreviews.com

Leave a comment:

• madbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by solar pete
    Hi All,

The price has gone up in the last 12 months or so, we have had a combination of reducing up front incentives (STC's small scale technology certificates) and the price of panels and all other bits needed have gone up. So we are just over $1.00 per Watt on smaller systems and bigger ones say 10kW or 13kW are just under a dollar per watt, that's installed prices, so its gone up a bit but not too much, cheers
    Would you mind posting or PM'ing where one could get such pricing? I'm in California.

Leave a comment:

• Mike 134
    replied
    Originally posted by SunEagle

Sad to hear about the price going up but I sure wish I could get a 7kw system for $1/watt. For me I have only gotten estimates of an installed price closer to $3/watt which calculates to a longer then my life expectancy ROI.
    I'm pricing mine now and near Chicago best wholesale price so far is $1.41/watt for materials delivered. I'm like you about the timeframe for ROI, when I buy trees, I get bigger ones I don't have 30 years to wait for it to grow up LOL

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by solar pete
    Hi All,

The price has gone up in the last 12 months or so, we have had a combination of reducing up front incentives (STC's small scale technology certificates) and the price of panels and all other bits needed have gone up. So we are just over $1.00 per Watt on smaller systems and bigger ones say 10kW or 13kW are just under a dollar per watt, that's installed prices, so its gone up a bit but not too much, cheers
    Sad to hear about the price going up but I sure wish I could get a 7kw system for $1/watt. For me I have only gotten estimates of an installed price closer to $3/watt which calculates to a longer then my life expectancy ROI.

Leave a comment:

• solar pete
    replied
    Hi All,

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    I just saw a post on another forum that says installed systems in Australia are $700 per kiloWatt. I don't know if that is AUD but in our common terminology that is $0.70 per Watt. Can solar pete confirm?

Leave a comment:

• solarix
    replied
    Yes, $1/watt wholesale at most for materials... Panels alone are around 50cents/watt for good quality, value brands.

Leave a comment:

• Mike 134
    replied
    Originally posted by solarix
    Solar PV system prices will vary widely, but just as a baseline - Solar equipment (panels, inverters, racking + all the other miscellaneous stuff) is currently costing me about $1.32/watt wholesale.
    I picked your post to ask a follow-up. 6 years later what do you find your materials only wholesale cost per watt to be?

Been poking around and seems possible to get under $1/watt. panels, racking, inverter, etc

Leave a comment:

• Keylan
    replied
    Great information, solar panels are complicated as I thought. I am just a newbie and very interested in the solar panel because it's environmentally friendly. I think I need to learn more before converting to solar panel from the usual generator.

Leave a comment:

• bcroe
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P.M.
    I'd probably do that anyway, but using inverter size by itself, while nice to have is, in itself,
    insufficient IMO as the sole size descriptor. Respectfully,
    Yes that is true. But that is what is being used for some pretty big stuff here. I see 2MW
    proposals for fixed panels set for our (considerable) 42 deg Lat, but unable to shake off
    winter snow. Another company proposed a 2MW E-W tracker sys able to throw off snow
    but with a very high DC-AC ratio due to a level tracking pivot shaft. These have considerably
    different costs, energy collection potential, (precious) farmland occupied, maintenance level,
    operational noise, and probably more I forgot. But the same inverter capacity is used for
    state/Fed rebate calculation, as well as credit against state mandated renewable energy
    construction. Something else never mentioned is the chosen site relative output degradation
    by clouds, a pretty big factor over this state.

At some of these zoning meets, I do wonder if I should be doing more to demonstrate what
    is really possible/desirable? Here one rating system could make my sys look great, another
    terrible, none are really apples to apples. I will just say Wed managed 120 KWH from the 15KW
    inverters, some would call that 8 sun hours. Thurs was cloudy, generally acknowledge to give
    10% to 30% level performance, but it made 74 KWH anyway. Meets my goals. Bruce Roe

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by bcroe
    The industrial systems proposed recently here, used the peak AC power the inverters could
    deliver. Same as I do. Some also included a DC:AC ratio, showing how much more the panel
    DC rating total was over the AC. The E-W trackers were much more that 1:1, to compensate
    for panels mounted on a shaft parallel to the ground instead of parallel to the earths axis, here
    at 42 deg Lat. Bruce Roe
    I took the sense of JRqwetyui's question to be what do most folks use as a measuring stick for incremental system cost when discussing system prices. Since the usual, and I'd suggest more common discussion is about and relating to smaller residential systems, either on or off grid, I took that meaning and sense of the question to be either system $$/STC W size, or kWh/yr per STC W (or STC kW), with the former being the more common, but both having usefulness.

If I have a quote for, say, 5,940 STC W of panels hooked to a, say, 5 kW inverter, and the quoted price from that vendor is for, say, $19,305, sitting on my roof and ready to go, how do I best describe my price per W from the vendor when making bid comparisons ? $19305/5,940 W, or $19,305/5,000 ?

Suppose another vendor come in with a 5,940 W system hooked to a 6 kW inverter for, say, $19,700 ? What do I do to compare prices and value between quotes ?

In such cases, I might get a better price comparisons by using a model such as PVWatts that will allow me to SWAG compare the initial cost of bids to the annual output using DC-AC ratios, etc,

I'd probably do that anyway, but using inverter size by itself, while nice to have is, in itself, insufficient IMO as the sole size descriptor.

Respectfully,

Leave a comment:

• bcroe
    replied
    The industrial systems proposed recently here, used the peak AC power the inverters could
    deliver. Same as I do. Some also included a DC:AC ratio, showing how much more the panel
    DC rating total was over the AC. The E-W trackers were much more that 1:1, to compensate
    for panels mounted on a shaft parallel to the ground instead of parallel to the earths axis, here
    at 42 deg Lat. Bruce Roe

Leave a comment:

Working...