13kw SunPower at $4.07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13kw SunPower at $4.07

That's the quote. We will see if there is price creep.

Denver.

Originally posted by Advices4SoCal
    That is an excellent Price. I work with a dealer and the best we normally can do for a system that size is 4.00. Then you will also need a panel upgrade for a system that size. So if thats an all included price, go with it man. Its excellent.
    If the OP's jurisdiction allows supply side taps for PV, then a panel upgrade is not necessary and the extra cost would be minimal. That part of the work would still have to be done by a licensed electrician though.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Hey guys when you talk of a panel upgrade are you talking my main and sub panels?

Ok ignore that. I found some reading. Although I'm not sure I understand! Obviously a question for my installer.
      Last edited by kingofbanff; 03-03-2016, 11:28 PM. Reason: I found some reading

Comment

Originally posted by kingofbanff View Post
        Hey guys when you talk of a panel upgrade are you talking my main and sub panels?
        If the PV backfeed is into a sub panel you may or may not need to upgrade that panel, but if your main panel is 200A and the backfeed is more than 40A you may need to upgrade the main panel and maybe your utility service.
        (Most POCOs will allow you to upsize the panel and keep the same service size. Los Angeles LADWP will be totally anal about it and insist that you match the service size to the panel size even if you use a main in the new panel which is no larger than your old service size.)
        The details of what is required at the main panel are more than I want to go into here. Check the stickies and post a new question if you do not find the answer you need.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
          If the OP's jurisdiction allows supply side taps for PV, then a panel upgrade is not necessary and the extra cost would be minimal. That part of the work would still have to be done by a licensed electrician though.
          FYI I have seen several "line side tap" adapters used in installations around here. They are basically a fused adapter that fits between the meter and the meter socket and allows direct connection to the incoming line.

Comment

It's always seemed counterintuitive and kind of silly to me that adding solar in order to reduce electrical use from the grid could require a panel upgrade, ie; one that can handle even more current from the grid. I know the reason why this is sometimes required, 120% electrical panel rule and all, but still it seems like a backwards move and should be avoided if at all possible. A local PV installer recommended that I get a panel upgrade from my 200A panel to something higher in order to accomodate my 13kW PV system. Instead, I'm just going with a line side tap that my local jurisdiction has approved.

Comment

Denver.
              Did your installer offer a price quote on any other panels?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaryman View Post

Did your installer offer a price quote on any other panels?
                No it's the only brand they carry. I have limited roof space so the higher wattage per panel is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
                  If the PV backfeed is into a sub panel you may or may not need to upgrade that panel, but if your main panel is 200A and the backfeed is more than 40A you may need to upgrade the main panel and maybe your utility service.
                  (Most POCOs will allow you to upsize the panel and keep the same service size. Los Angeles LADWP will be totally anal about it and insist that you match the service size to the panel size even if you use a main in the new panel which is no larger than your old service size.)
                  The details of what is required at the main panel are more than I want to go into here. Check the stickies and post a new question if you do not find the answer you need.
                  I have a 200 amp main panel and a 100 amp subpanel. I will be using outback Radian 4000 W and outback Radian 8000 W. The output of the smaller inverter seems to be 16 A and the larger 33 A. So if I push the smaller inverter to the smaller panel I'm within the 120% rule. And then I push the output from the larger inverter to the 200 amp panel.

Could this work? Or am I just showing exactly how little I know about this!

Comment

I have a 200 amp main panel and a 100 amp subpanel. I will be using outback Radian 4000 W and outback Radian 8000 W. The output of the smaller inverter seems to be 16 A and the larger 33 A. So if I push the smaller inverter to the smaller panel I'm within the 120% rule. And then I push the output from the larger inverter to the 200 amp panel.

Could this work? Or am I just showing exactly how little I know about this!
                    most likely not.
                    There should be one interconnect. Also the radians have two AC connections and are bimodal. Is the sub panel to be the backup panel or is there to be another panel for that. I think you need a 40a breaker on the grid side
                    So with bimodal and two inverters, and an existing sub panel, you need to do a lot more design before anyone can tell you if it will work or not

some reading: http://www.outbackpower.com/download...8a_install.pdf
                    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Denver.

Damn, would love to get that price. Best I have gotten in Socal for SunPower/SolarEdge is $4.81/watt so far...

Edit: Just got an updated quote for $4.53/watt. Not terrible... but it's not $4.07. I'm sure location plays a part in the price. Did you end up signing at that price? Or did it creep?
                      Last edited by Noblesoft; 03-18-2016, 11:45 PM.

Comment

i am in orlando Florida. What is the going rate for the creation and installion of solar water heater panels

Comment

Last edited by zed; 03-27-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zed View Post
                            In Australia we are paying around $2/watt for solar grid feed systems.

that's $US1.40 per watt including the inverters and wiring.
                            Ummm... this thread is fairly specific to Sunpower pricing. Try to pay attention.
                            CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Last edited by zed; 03-27-2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X