30% Solar Tax Credit To Be Extended

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boulter
    • Jun 2015

Anybody have an idea if this means that the tax credits can be definitively carried over beyond 2016?

Comment

• Living Large
      Solar Fanatic
      • Nov 2014

I heard this morning, unconfirmed, that the administration pushed hard for extending funding for programs like this as part of its commitment to reducing our contribution to GW. The claim was made that when Obama came into office, about 2% of our energy came from renewables, and by 2020 it is forecast to be 10%.

Let the flaming begin!

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Living Large
        I heard this morning, unconfirmed, that the administration pushed hard for extending funding for programs like this as part of its commitment to reducing our contribution to GW. The claim was made that when Obama came into office, about 2% of our energy came from renewables, and by 2020 it is forecast to be 10%.

Let the flaming begin!
        You froze up yet ?

Comment

• Living Large
          Solar Fanatic
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.

You froze up yet ?
          Good question. I was up a week before Christmas, stayed over to attend an HOA meeting and plead for them to repair 220' of the muddy HOA road so I can build a path off the end of it to put the last pole in.

Lake effect snow of 9" that night, and my unplowed road is 4000' long. I shoveled two tracks to the road, and I hit it and thought I was fine. However, the bumper cover caused a curtain of snow to rise up the windshield. If I slowed down enough to stop that, I would have bogged down. So I alternated between bogging and risking going off the road. Off the road there is not pleasant, and getting stuck would have been extremely inconvenient with no cell phone and no neighbors and a dog with short legs. Luckily the road is fairly straight. There were multi-second periods where I simply couldn't see. That lake effect snow is pretty lightweight - I'll give it that.

They turned down my request to fix their own road, AND my offer to give them an interest free loan. I'm not eager to return to the snow. I think they got more lake effect last night. It's been nice that the beginning of winter hasn't been bad.

I've used a lot of RV anti-freeze, because I've gone up 3 or 4 times and it has been freezing in between. Has a propane stove which does a good job, but I wouldn't leave it on and the temp setting doesn't go under around 55. I'd blow the whole tank before I got back.

I'm really glad I'm not going with solar!!!

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Good question. I was up a week before Christmas, stayed over to attend an HOA meeting and plead for them to repair 220' of the muddy HOA road so I can build a path off the end of it to put the last pole in.

Lake effect snow of 9" that night, and my unplowed road is 4000' long. I shoveled two tracks to the road, and I hit it and thought I was fine. However, the bumper cover caused a curtain of snow to rise up the windshield. If I slowed down enough to stop that, I would have bogged down. So I alternated between bogging and risking going off the road. Off the road there is not pleasant, and getting stuck would have been extremely inconvenient with no cell phone and no neighbors and a dog with short legs. Luckily the road is fairly straight. There were multi-second periods where I simply couldn't see. That lake effect snow is pretty lightweight - I'll give it that.

They turned down my request to fix their own road, AND my offer to give them an interest free loan. I'm not eager to return to the snow. I think they got more lake effect last night. It's been nice that the beginning of winter hasn't been bad.

I've used a lot of RV anti-freeze, because I've gone up 3 or 4 times and it has been freezing in between. Has a propane stove which does a good job, but I wouldn't leave it on and the temp setting doesn't go under around 55. I'd blow the whole tank before I got back.

I'm really glad I'm not going with solar!!!
            As you probably are well aware, watch for frozen water/liquid lines.
            Happy New Year.

Comment

• Living Large
              Solar Fanatic
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.

As you probably are well aware, watch for frozen water/liquid lines.
              Happy New Year.
              Thanks. There is a basement, and currently the plumbing is all pvc pitched so there are only a few valves needed. I drain them and of course the storage tank each time, and it only takes a few minutes.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2013

Thanks. There is a basement, and currently the plumbing is all pvc pitched so there are only a few valves needed. I drain them and of course the storage tank each time, and it only takes a few minutes.
                Just checking. Stay warm.

Regards,

Comment

• jamesdh1gley
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by krt5109
                  I’m hoping you might be able to help me understand the change that took place with the ITC policy for solar. With the extension stated was that you can now claim the ITC in the year construction has started. From what I can see this change took place on the enactment date, December 18th 2015. My question for this is when do you have to be the owner of the project to claim the ITC? In the past you could purchase the project before it reached “place in operation” to claim the ITC. Do you now need to own the project before construction starts to claim the ITC? Secondly for projects that were already under construction before this policy change took place and not going to be completed by 2015, can you now claim the ITC in 2015, or does this only apply to projects which started construction between December 18th and December 31st for 2015? I appreciate your help and any insight you can give.

I'd also like clarification here, thanks!

Comment

Working...