X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supersolar
    • Nov 2015

Off Grid system and Federal Tax Credits

Hi,

A vendor is going to install an off grid system for me. It qualifies for tax credits. I called the local utilities company to sign off and they told me to )@$&(#$%^ because they do not get involve with the off grid system. Who do I need to call to sign off to get the tax credits? The vendor said that the bill of sell is sufficient. Is that true?
    Last edited by Mike90250; 11-29-2015, 01:54 AM. Reason: potty mouth text deleted
  • Living Large
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by supersolar
    Hi,

A vendor is going to install an off grid system for me. It qualifies for tax credits. I called the local utilities company to sign off and they told me to f*** off because they do not get involve with the off grid system. Who do I need to call to sign off to get the tax credits? The vendor said that the bill of sell is sufficient. Is that true?
    Please use more vulgar language - I love it.

I'm curious why you thought the utility company would be able to help you, since they do not do business in your immediate area. Do you doubt what the vendor told you? Did you try Googling your question to verify what the vendor told you?

Comment

• supersolar
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Living Large
      Please use more vulgar language - I love it.

I'm curious why you thought the utility company would be able to help you, since they do not do business in your immediate area. Do you doubt what the vendor told you? Did you try Googling your question to verify what the vendor told you?
      http://www.wholesalesolar.com/solar-...ral-tax-credit
      Thank you. Vulgar language goes well with solar panels just like Ranch is good with salad.

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Who do I need to call to sign off to get the tax credits?
        Your Mommy you jerk off. You can afford your own luxury with no problem. Do not deny it because by going off-grid you just elected to to pay 5 to 10 times more for electricity the rest of your life and become a heavy polluter. Your neighbors will not pay for it no matter how much you whine about it.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Living Large
          Solar Fanatic
          • Nov 2014

Thank you. Vulgar language goes well with solar panels just like Ranch is good with salad.
          You sound like an ideal candidate for off-grid autonomy. Enjoy your independence - lol.

Comment

• cebury
            Solar Fanatic
            • Sep 2011

As foo1bar told you in the other thread, just get the vendor to put a completion date on your invoice, a letter or something else. Your check or payment will probably have a date which helps (doesn't prove). What also helps, take a picture of the system and date it, or take one with the day's newspaper in it There isn't much more you can do than that --- and you'll get the tax credit, it's just a matter if 1) you get audited, 2) the auditor questions the tax credit. IMHO, it's fairly unlikely and I'd sleep well enough with the vendor signature and pictures.

Comment

Working...