Help me compare quotes/systems SMA vs Solaredge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ndabunka View Post
    Thanks & this explains why my installation is not a problem (5.36kWh using 16 SunPower panels). The 7600 only needs a 40a circuit so not certain why there would be an issue there. No, the MUCH larger inverter's might require significant changes but those issues shouldn't be co-mingled with the considerations for the 7600 IMHO.
    For many a 40a breaker isn't a problem but with a center feed 100a MSP it often is.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by eah123 View Post
      I'm in Westchester County, NY. I've narrowed down my choices to 2 high quality local installers

1. Panel - LG 280N x 27 = 7.56 kW
      Inverter SolarEdge SE w/ optimizers, extended warranty included
      Mount: Unirac Solarmount
      Cost/watt before incentives: $3.80
      Labor warranty 10y
      PVWatts annual output 9267 kWh

2. Panel - LG 315 x 26 = 8.19 kW
      Inverter SMA SB7700TL-US-22
      Mount: Quick Mount PV
      Cost/watt before incentives: $3.90
      Labor Warranty 20y
      PVWatts annual output 10039 kWh

My estimated annual usage is about 9000 kWh

thanks for your help
      What are the reasons for oversizing the system ?

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post
        For many a 40a breaker isn't a problem but with a center feed 100a MSP it often is.
        Doesn't even have to be center-fed. Many homes around here have only 100 A panels, which will take only 20 A end-fed before requiring an upgrade. 125 A center-fed would not take 40 A of PV either (without a convincing load analysis on the bus), since the main breaker has to be at least 100 A.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

J.P.M....how can you say the pricing is high, with four different arrays? And with the prevailing wage rate of licensed electricians in the NYC area

Comment

Originally posted by ApacheBob View Post
            J.P.M....how can you say the pricing is high, with four different arrays? And with the prevailing wage rate of licensed electricians in the NYC area
            Well, note I write I'm somewhat ignorant of pricing in your area, but even so, I don't think labor is that much more there than here, and a lot of LG systems can be had around So. CA for < $3.30/Watt from a decent vendor w/ some negotiating.

$3.80 just seems high is all. Put the nails in if you want, just use the same holes the last guy used.

I do believe that tax credits and rebates usually jack user's prices some and NYSERDA $$ sthupps can be pretty healthy.

Comment

Quick Question. On the So Cal pricing of < 3.30/Watt. Is that based on a cash price or a price if you will be using financing?

I have been getting some quotes around the 3.6 with no negotiation yet on a cash price, but a bit higher if I am going with the financing they are offering.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Fox View Post
                Quick Question. On the So Cal pricing of < 3.30/Watt. Is that based on a cash price or a price if you will be using financing?

I have been getting some quotes around the 3.6 with no negotiation yet on a cash price, but a bit higher if I am going with the financing they are offering.
                I'd guess it depends some on financing details but probably just as much on negotiating skills. I've seen about that price/Watt on HERO financing and more on cash deals.

Comment

Westchester County is one of the most expensive counties in the country to live in and do business. Property taxes are insane! Less competition in the area also doing solar vs California. Do the system large enough to cover all of your needs and consider this. When it becomes free, you might tend to use more. So doing a slightly larger system will do you good in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

I'd guess it depends some on financing details but probably just as much on negotiating skills. I've seen about that price/Watt on HERO financing and more on cash deals.

Got it - thank you for the intel on this. I dislike that a company would give me 2 prices, but understand as with a mortgage that some people charge fees. My goal was to get several proposals, figure out 3-4 I liked the most and then negotiate from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Fox View Post

Got it - thank you for the intel on this. I dislike that a company would give me 2 prices, but understand as with a mortgage that some people charge fees. My goal was to get several proposals, figure out 3-4 I liked the most and then negotiate from there.
                      You're welcome. Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X