Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DE just changed their State Energy Grant from 85 cents per watt to 55 cents for Solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE just changed their State Energy Grant from 85 cents per watt to 55 cents for Solar

Just a head's up, I was looking for solar in DE. I was literally going to sign a contract in the next week. And Delaware just changed their grant. They were offering 85 cents a watt. On Monday they dropped it to 55 cents. No warning. I didn't even know they could do that. And you still have to wait 3 years to get it. So I've had really, really bad luck on this and now I have to recalculate my payback time. My personal cost probably just increased by $1,500.

Originally posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Just a head's up, I was looking for solar in DE. I was literally going to sign a contract in the next week. And Delaware just changed their grant. They were offering 85 cents a watt. On Monday they dropped it to 55 cents. No warning. I didn't even know they could do that. And you still have to wait 3 years to get it. So I've had really, really bad luck on this and now I have to recalculate my payback time. My personal cost probably just increased by $1,500.
    Unfortunately most States can drop or eliminate solar rebates with little notification. Even some of the POCO's find ways to streamline a reduction in what they pay out if they have the PUC on their side.

Comment

Yeah, I talked with the program manager and she stated the state had done a new analysis through a contractor and they recommended changing the incentive so they did. If they had just waited two weeks I would have saved an additional $1,500. Just rotten, terrible luck.

I did my recalculations. The difference in incentive is $1,400. Under the old system the state and feds were paying for 62% of my cost. Under the new incentive they're paying 52% of my cost. Still good but not as great. I also calculated that where before it would take about 5.5 years to recoup my costs, it'll now take me about 7 years.

Oh well.

Comment

Working...
      X