UK Solar Feed in Tariff's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Solar Feed in Tariff's

The clean energy cashback plan, known as "feed-in tariffs", offers incentives from April for those who install small scale renewables on their homes.

The government claims one in 10 homeowners could fit panels or small wind turbines by 2020.

But the scheme has been criticised as not generous enough.

Payments
    The UK gets about 5.5% of its electricity from renewable sources and, in order to hit green targets in 10 years' time, this would have to rise to 30%.

Under the programme, people will be paid a fixed rate by their energy provider for electricity from small renewable power sources. They could also save money on their bills.

Homeowners who install photovoltaic panels could earn

Somewhere İ read the FİT in the UK was in the range of 35 pence or 50 to 60 US cents. İ'll see if İ can come across the article again.

That isn't adequate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

UK Tariff update

Originally posted by russ View Post
      Somewhere İ read the FİT in the UK was in the range of 35 pence or 50 to 60 US cents. İ'll see if İ can come across the article again.

That isn't adequate?
      The current UK tariff level is 43.3p per unit generated and an extra 3.1p per unit fed into the grid.

Comment

One of the unforeseen nuances of the UK Feed-In Tariff regime when it came in, and indeed to this day, is the volatile political landscape when it comes to revising FIT rates from year to year. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but within one year of being introduced in the UK the rates were lowered by a not insignificant amount. They were then trimmed again the following year, resulting in two downward rate revisions in under two years. In the context of an investment which needs between 7 (best case based on the data I have seen) and 23+ years to mature fully and start yielding respectable ROI there would need to be a more predictable and encouraging approach from Westminster to bring PV, especially on a larger scale, into the mainstream.

On a more holistic level, PV Solar in particular can help to empower broader renewable energy drives and there is some signifcant data-backed study to support this premise. An example is our work here and we aim to be updating this in due course. I hope it is of interest:

https://greenbusinessxxxxxxxxxxxxx MOD NOTE. Do not post business links here, Contact user JASON for advertising rates.
        Last edited by Mike90250; 01-31-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Mods. Please just ban the clown and be done with him. Within 30 minutes of joining, he brought back three dead posts, all under the guise of being helpful, but with the obvious intent of linking to a business site.
          Dave W. Gilbert AZ
          6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post
            Mods. Please just ban the clown and be done with him. Within 30 minutes of joining, he brought back three dead posts, all under the guise of being helpful, but with the obvious intent of linking to a business site.
            He has been warned and is being watched by us. They will be given a permanent vacation if their actions continue as they first posted.

Comment

Working...
            X