Recommissioning a Resol controller for a heat dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommissioning a Resol controller for a heat dump

I have installed a heat dump in my standard 15-year old solar water heating system to prevent over temperature on hot days. The system is on a house and is controlled by a 6-month old Resol Deltasol CS/4 controller mounted on the hot water tank. The heat dump (a domestic radiator) is plumbed into the main system using a new Resol VA32 3-port valve wired into the CS/4. It all appears to work OK when the valve is operated manually
    I am unable to recommission the CS/4 by resetting it. This would let me change the control from the basic arrangement (called Arrangement 1 in the manual) to the new set up (called Arrangement 3 in the manual). Just pressing the centre 'reset' button does nothing except change the time and total hours counters. The 'Arr' heading isn't shown after the time display.
    Does anybody know if it is possible (and how to) to recommission the CS/4 so that I can configure the new arrangement by resetting of the 'Arr' heading from 1 to 3, so that the controller can see and control the 3-port valve?
    Hope someone out there can help and thanks in advance.
Working...
X