Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greencomet
    • Apr 2020

Help with temperature sensors for a Watts solar controller

I recently acquired an Apricus solar control /pump / panel that includes a European-made Watts "LCD+" Solar Controller. I did find that user guide on the wattswater.eu website but would appreciate some help with temperature sensors that I can buy here in the US since the unit did not come with sensors. Watts USA says they cannot help me.

The sensors mentioned in the LCD+ documentation are Type:ST also called PT1000 also referred to with part numbers PPLELE00061 and PPLELE00060. They are 2-wire sensors.

Any help you can provide with regard to sensors would be greatly appreciated. I am working on a DIY drainback solar hot water setup for our home.

Thank you.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by greencomet
    Any help you can provide with regard to sensors would be greatly appreciated. I am working on a DIY drainback solar hot water setup for our home.
    I did a quick Google search and found a lot of hits with prices from $12 to $36. It has been a while since I have done a solar hot water system but I see to recall most of the sensors were pretty standard. You should verify that with research.

9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Did you call Apricus ? (877) 458-2634.

Also, and maybe if you don't already know, or FYI, if someone tries to tell you "regular 10K", that is 10,000 Ohm sensors that are more common (at least in the U.S.) will work, don't believe it. The PT 1000 sensors are a lot different than the common U.S 10K sensors. Your PT 1000 sensors operate at ~ 1,000 Ohms @ 0 C, w/ a gradient of ~ + 3.8 Ohms/deg. C., per sec. 8, , P.17 of the LCD+ Solar Controller user guide.

More FYI, if you get stuck on sensors, you can probably get any decent solar thermal controller to work, but a new one from outfits like Goldline will set y~ $125 - $150 or so, maybe a bit less with some shopping around on the net.

Good luck.

Comment

• LucMan
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2010

PT 1000 ST sensors are readily available even on Amazon!

Comment

Working...