X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voyager
    • Feb 2014

DIY Solar Water Heating for Spa

I think I have deleted everything.

It keeps truncating my post, not uploading one photo and over half the post.
    no mater what I do, it will not let me correct it.
    Without the full post contents, the portion uploaded has no meaning.

Last edited by voyager; 09-03-2019, 11:20 PM.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

See "builditsolar.com" for lots of DIY stuff. Some of it dealing with SPA and pool heating. Just run any schemes by someone knowledgeable before you commit time and materials.

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Originally posted by voyager

posting from mobile apple devices is problematic, the default font seems to be shared by spammers and the forum anti-spam SW truncates the post.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• inetdog
        Super Moderator
        • May 2012

Originally posted by voyager

If the source generates "smart quote" characters (slanted a different way at start and end of quote) the UTF-8 representation of that character (the way the browser encodes it) contains a null byte which is misinterpreted as a string terminator. The simple way around this is to avoid special characters, by turning off Smart Quotes and other formatting features in your source. If that is not possible, process the post contents through a text editor (not a word processor) to clean it up then paste the result in.

Look at the first character in your original post text after the point where it was truncated to confirm this is the problem.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...