Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harnemo
    • May 2018

Urgent help needed for a solair boiler problem from a noob

Hi, I am in a foreign country (Greece), not many people understand English, and my solar boiler is receiving and sending down (to the bathroom) cold watter, but it is not filling its solar panels. In a local shop they tried to sell me Antifreeze..., but the solar boiler is like that whole and each day. I will post 2 pics for better understanding. The 1st pic shows the boiler from the top, there are some 2 valves.

THANK YOU!!!

IMG_20180527_173040.jpg

IMG_20180527_173029.jpg

• jflorey2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by harnemo
    Hi, I am in a foreign country (Greece), not many people understand English, and my solar boiler is receiving and sending down (to the bathroom) cold watter, but it is not filling its solar panels.
    How is your water there? If the water is hard, you may have blocked the channels in the collector (or the outlets in the tank) with hard water deposits.

Comment

• Bala
      Solar Fanatic
      • Dec 2010

Some types use a fluid in the collector, that then transfers heat to the water in the tank. Generally I think used when temps get below freezing.

That is likely why they tried to sell you antifreeze.

There will probably be a small than inside the big one you can see.

Try refilling the big one from from the top with water and see where it leaks out.

Some have a big anode in them to stop corrosion. That one looks old? and may be rusted out.

Comment

• harnemo
        • May 2018

Originally posted by Bala
        Some types use a fluid in the collector, that then transfers heat to the water in the tank. Generally I think used when temps get below freezing.

That is likely why they tried to sell you antifreeze.

There will probably be a small than inside the big one you can see.

Try refilling the big one from from the top with water and see where it leaks out.

Some have a big anode in them to stop corrosion. That one looks old? and may be rusted out.

Yes my solar boiler has a smaller tank inside.

Comment

• Bala
          Solar Fanatic
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by harnemo

Yes my solar boiler has a smaller tank inside.
          I had one the same design, different brand, it corroded out and the collector fluid leaked out.

I now have a new one different brand, but i dont have freezing problem and have good water.

Comment

Working...