Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 899ccs
    • Aug 2016

I'm in big trouble

DHWT gakked out and is now leaking badly. It's either the hi-lo controller or the well. Cant hardly get to it. No one wants to touch it Emptying gal leak container every five hours day and night .... 90's system ....intimidating ... need a outfit that is willing to replace the tank OR demo out the whole fricken thing and upgrade to a PV system. House is an hour south of SPOKANE WA any ideas ??? Questions?? MONEY IS NOT AN OBSTICAL ... got plenty ... just need a crew out here to either update this system or repair it . SIGH
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

DHWT = Domestic Hot Water Tank ? Roof top or in the building ? 20 gal ? 90 gal ? Vacuum collectors, flat plate ? Glycol loop ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• 899ccs
      • Aug 2016

sorry about lack of info something is wrong with my computer after a paragraph or so it just deletes your text. Virus or something so i have to break the info up in smaller little stabs
      til i debug this thing

Comment

• 899ccs
        • Aug 2016

okay its a JASS 120 gallon indirect.. fed by an active array of 120 evacuated heat tubes (thermomax) the tank sits in the garage (easy access) but it's a monster. Designed and installed in the mid 90's. Yeah ..loops.. several. That's why it is so intimidating. The tank is at the end of it's life it has to go. It has 8 main 1" copper pipes snaking in and around it.

Comment

• 899ccs
          • Aug 2016

lets see cold in at the bottom , solar in and out on the right side PLUS a loop off to the turbonetics cooling fan (heat dump) and a loop for the glycol recovery. Moving around to the other side

Comment

• 899ccs
            • Aug 2016

we have ACRO hydronic floor system in and out and above that is the back up propane fired boiler in and out plus a tie out to an expansion tank and a tie in to the hydronic floors (loops or tie ins are 3/4 copper) okay so at the top is Domestic water out hot BUT it breaks off via a mixing valve to the cold water in before heading out to the house, There are 4 back up electrical elements one of which has had a fire .. they are on a sub panel 240 AC with timers but the timers have had their wires all cut...

Comment

• 899ccs
              • Aug 2016

the solar controller is some kind of manual one but it used to have a nice on it has been hacked out and removed, the person who designed it had it installed and over the last 20 years tweaked out on it high on morphine and Adderall ultimately destroyed it. He has just in the last two weeks or so FINALLY been carted off to the looney bin. So Alas... I am left to learn this system with al it's little booby traps and rewires and codes written backwards. Already i almost got fried by the main panel. It's a 200amp service. He had put a non brand breaker in 120a and actually

Comment

• 899ccs
                • Aug 2016

broke the neutral bus stays and it tried to electrocute me i try to post a pic

Comment

• 899ccs
                  • Aug 2016

DSC03513.JPG okay this is it The KRAKEN

Comment

Working...