Hi and HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi and HELP!

Hi guys, I hope this all finds you well.

I have recently purchased a house with Solar Panels installed - connected to my hot water tank.

The issue I have is they do not seem to pressurise. I went outside after I left the filling loop slightly open just to pressurise the system and saw that they where leaking. So I put a ladder up to the roof to have a closer look. I took the top manifold cover off and it appears to be coming out of holes that are in the top of all of the Pv's tubes. I'm assuming this is maybe a hole for expansion, but not of the water/glycol mix?

I've got a video, but can't upload it on this forum. But If any of you have an idea of what may be causing this, I would be very grateful to hear your opinions.

Simon.

Possibly a freeze up in the past. Look for cracks or expanded area's.
    Upload a picture

Comment

I work as a solar hot water system installer. Ours are closed, as in no water escapes except for when you turn on the hot water in the home. Other than that there is no place for water to leak out unless one of the over pressure devices or drain valves are opened. So assuming your system is similar where the actual water circulating up on the roof is the same water in your shower..then I'd say you have a leak.
      It happens. I've seen it in the panel itself. Ours at basically 10'x4' glass enclosed radiators like on a car. Functioning different, but doing the same task. If you find it is leaking inside the panel there should be a way to fix it without removing it from the roof. We take the glass off, there are several screws that hold the glass on to a flange with a gasket in there. Remove the glass to expose the copper tubes inside. After locating your leak(s) you can simply seal them by brazing. It's pretty simple and you can save alot of money doing it yourself. Good luck man!

Comment

Working...
      X