Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RegSass
    • Oct 2015

atmospheric vaporizer htxr

Yes J. P. M. you are correct, using tube/fin vaporizer for heat ex-changer (or was) to transfer heat fr. h20 in panels to the 1600gal. h20 tank in ground I need to install new replacement ex-changers ASAP. With what configuration is my quandary. I have 12 4x8 panels and the 1600 gal. tank w/ closed loop 50/50 proplyne glycol and hope to transfer optimum heat to the h2o in the storage tank.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by RegSass
    Yes J. P. M. you are correct, using tube/fin vaporizer for heat ex-changer (or was) to transfer heat fr. h20 in panels to the 1600gal. h20 tank in ground I need to install new replacement ex-changers ASAP. With what configuration is my quandary. I have 12 4x8 panels and the 1600 gal. tank w/ closed loop 50/50 proplyne glycol and hope to transfer optimum heat to the h2o in the storage tank.
    So, was the aluminum HX immersed in the 1,600 gal. tank ? Or, what was the arrangement ? I still can't visualize what you had.

If so, and that was working to your satisfaction, I'd call a local industrial gas distrib. of some size and enquire as to whether or not they may have access to an old vaporizer lying around in their boneyard. You might get lucky.

Also, check out a co. called Cryoquip on the web. They may be the OEM for what you had.

If I was going to start fresh on your system, I'd do it differently, but it would be more expensive. Basically, I'd use a shell and tube HX outside the tank with 2 pumps - one for each fluid, probably along with some piping redesign to promote/aid tank stratification. That HX would be sized to handle the likely max. output from the panels. That sizing is a bit trickier than it sounds, but an approx. number that errs on a SLIGHT oversize is probably about as good as would be warranted.

However, and again, if what you had seemed fit for purpose, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Comment

Working...