Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingspan Solar SC400 - what do the backlight colours mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingspan Solar SC400 - what do the backlight colours mean?

HI all,

We have just moved into a brand new house in Newcastle (UK) and it has a Kingspan Solar heating system fitted.

There doesn't seem to be much the ordinary householder can do with the SC400 control panel, except check the temperatures at different parts of the system.

However, I was wondering what the different backlight colours mean. It's Orange 99% of the time, but I pressed something and it changed to red once, and I'm 99.99% sure I opened the door and saw it was green once, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gareth

Hi Gareth - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

Let us see if anyone knows this controller and can help you.

Russ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by garmcqui View Post
      HI all,

We have just moved into a brand new house in Newcastle (UK) and it has a Kingspan Solar heating system fitted.

There doesn't seem to be much the ordinary householder can do with the SC400 control panel, except check the temperatures at different parts of the system.

However, I was wondering what the different backlight colours mean. It's Orange 99% of the time, but I pressed something and it changed to red once, and I'm 99.99% sure I opened the door and saw it was green once, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gareth
      Are there any symbols showing?

Comment

You could, I suppose, try reading the manual (Go Google!): http://www.kingspansolar.co.uk/Datab...manual_en.pdf\
        The only color mentioned is RED. Steady indicates that your are in OFF or MANUAL mode. Flashing means that there is an error condition that you need to look at.

In addition to reading temperatures you can set various parameters, but I would not try to do that without a detailed knowledge of your system configuration and a record of all current setpoint and mode values.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
        X