Question about DeltaSol BS/4 panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DeltaSol BS/4 panel

I was wondering how to use the afterheating function on this panel. I am using ARR 2

The AH O Temperature value is the value that when the 'thermostat' has reached this value, will activate the second relay switch which activate 'after heating' or 'surplus energy'.

I don't really understand it.

When I set my system AH O value to 60.0 and the AH F value to 70.0 the system activates the pump that pumps hot water to my radiators. I am interested in using this feature and maximising its benefit for winter time. This feature is not explained very well in the manual for me.

How can I do this?

Also, what is the surplus energy setting?

I cannot really tell from your description, but perhaps the idea is to let you send additional panel heated water to a secondary heat load (like space heating when the primary load is domestic hot water) to avoid the need for a mixing valve and high temperature precautions on the hot water system?
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
      I cannot really tell from your description, but perhaps the idea is to let you send additional panel heated water to a secondary heat load (like space heating when the primary load is domestic hot water) to avoid the need for a mixing valve and high temperature precautions on the hot water system?
      Thank you for your response. I understand this much better now.

Another question that I have: we use evacuated tube solar panels. We have two of them. I was wondering can these be bled and if so, where and how can I bleed them?

The reason that I am asking is that I am wanting to optimize my solar water system as much as possible in time for the winter. I have a suspician that we should have been getting much much more out of it during the summer! We had collecter temperatures of 120 degress at times, yet the store temperature would just sit at 45 degrees celcius, mad if you ask me. The controller has a setting for Maximum store temperature which is set to 65 degress celcius. And yes, the relay pump was on the entire time during this.

One thing that I have been noticing is that the pipe which I think to be the send pipe (its the pipe with the pump on it which according to diagrams is supposed to drrive cool water to the solar panels) is very very hot. And the pipe which I would have thought would be used to bring hot water from the panels, is no where near as warm. Perhaps the pipes on my system are the other way round.

I thought that the pump was supposed to be attached to the pipe that pumped cool water to the panels, however it (seems) on my system to be the opposite i.e. pump on pipe that brings hot water from solar panels and no pump on the pipe that takes cold water to panels. I hope that makes some sense lol

Our system is set up as follows:
      AKVATERM store with worchester combi oil boiler, pellet stove (not usually used during summer months) and two evacuated tube solar panels. The panels are controlled by DeltaSol BS/4 v1.05
      Expansion vessel set to 1bar of air. Can this ever be topped up with water? or is this not necessary/heard of?

Perhaps someone that knows their stuff could give me a list of things I can do to ensure that the solar water system is most optimised.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Flembot View Post
        I thought that the pump was supposed to be attached to the pipe that pumped cool water to the panels, however it (seems) on my system to be the opposite i.e. pump on pipe that brings hot water from solar panels and no pump on the pipe that takes cold water to panels. I hope that makes some sense lol
        From the point of view of plumbing and moving water, the pump could be on either side (subject to the limitation on the maximum suction that a pump can handle and possible problems filling the system the first time), but most pumps will last longer when pumping cool water than when pumping hot water.
        But there are hot water circulating pumps that are designed and specified for moving hot water, at up to near boiling temperatures or even higher in a pressurized system.
        I do not know why the designer of your system made that particular choice.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
        X