Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donberry
    • Aug 2012

How would I mount solar cells ?

Been thinking about building my own solar panel for quite some time and now have a real good excuse as I could also use it to heat the pool. Idea i am thinking of is similar to this one here only I want to also have pipes mounted underneath the panels for heating the pool.
    is pretty straight forward as far as building one for electric, but I can not think of how I would build one that would also have the piping beneath it. The cells would need a substrate to be mounted on, but that would obviously cover up the pipes, which would defeat the purpose of the pool heater.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I might be able to do this ?

Would basically make the box for the panel like he did in that link, but make it deeper so I could put in the plumbing......could I just use 2 pieces of plexiglass, sandwiching the cells between the plexi ?

Any ideas appreciated ?
    Last edited by russ; 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM. Reason: removed link
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Hi Don, The link you posted goes to a DIY site that also shows various other links to click on including DIY green energy.

That garbage is not allowed.

You seem to be confusing solar PV and solar water heating -two different things. The water heating, and especially for a pool, is far more practical that electricity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...