X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ezrio315
    • Nov 2013

Solar versus AC Heat Recovery Pool Heater

Originally posted by OvertheSun
    Has anyone installed an air conditioner heat recovery systems (e.g., Hot Spot Energy) or compared them to solar pool heaters? We have a solar pool heater but are considering replacing or moving it to accommodate solar PV panels. We are also considering AC upgrades and possibly a pool heating add-on. The manufacturer claims that they increase the AC efficiency and are effective at heating your pool. Makes sense to me, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences?
    Hello, I have not installed an air conditioner heat recovery system but I have an idea about solar pool heaters which work very efficiently and effectively. I would like to suggest you that you should not replace it because solar pool heating with solar panels is the best way to heat a swimming pool and plays a vital role in heating. It can raise the temperature of swimming pool quickly and saves energy and time too.

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Ezrio315
      .... because solar pool heating with solar panels is the best way to heat a swimming pool...
      I hope you are speaking of solar thermal panels for heating water, which is several times more efficient than using PV panels to electrically heat water.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Ezrio315
        • Nov 2013

Solar versus AC Heat Recovery Pool Heater

Originally posted by Mike90250
        I hope you are speaking of solar thermal panels for heating water, which is several times more efficient than using PV panels to electrically heat water.
        Yes Mike, I am talking about solar pool heaters which include solar thermal panels to heat water of swimming pool. And you are right, solar thermal panels are more efficient than PV panels. Thanks for the reply mike.

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Ezrio315
          Yes Mike, I am talking about solar pool heaters which include solar thermal panels to heat water of swimming pool. And you are right, solar thermal panels are more efficient than PV panels. Thanks for the reply mike.
          You use a solar pool heater in Indore?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...