??? will this new air flow though cans work any help out there thanks.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunburnt
    • Feb 2012

??? will this new air flow though cans work any help out there thanks.......

building a new box 40 x 96 around 140 cans . i wanted to blow the air thought the cans top to the bottom then out between the cans and the glass back up.. is this a bad ideia .
  • Naptown
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2011

Yes it is you will lose too much heat. Air in the bottom and out the top.
    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009

Might help heat the glass - but that is not what you want to do I don't think.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• sunburnt
        • Feb 2012

was watching on utube some it think gary alenn with a 12 x 24 up flow heater its covered in plastice . air goes down the back then up the front of the panel. thought with the air going through the can geting pre heated then out the bottom and up the front of can pulling more of the heat out of the cans and in to the air flow. would this be like pre heating the air . also the longer you let the air in heat box or in heatexchanger mode warm the air more? will be useing completly foam box with 3/8 safety glass. thanks i wish the was a OPPS..dont do this on utube ...

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

Most of what you see on youtube is useless - provides a platform for those that like to show off and not much more.

Similar for the Wiki - the best information and most reliable information are the credits at the bottom of entries.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• likes to eperiment
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by sunburnt
            was watching on utube some it think gary alenn with a 12 x 24 up flow heater its covered in plastice . air goes down the back then up the front of the panel. thought with the air going through the can geting pre heated then out the bottom and up the front of can pulling more of the heat out of the cans and in to the air flow. would this be like pre heating the air . also the longer you let the air in heat box or in heatexchanger mode warm the air more? will be useing completly foam box with 3/8 safety glass. thanks i wish the was a OPPS..dont do this on utube ...
            I read your post, may i offer an experiment if your of the mind that likes to try stuff out. Try running the air into the collector down the front of the cans next to the glazing to preheat your air and keep the glazing temps lower, (the cooler air pulls heat from the glazing, if you use the hotter air you will end up heating the glazing and make it a radiant heating panel), then into bottom of the cans, up inside of cans an out the collector to your space. (same idea you had just in reverse, it just takes some tinkering to move the air where you want it to go) !! In my experience the lower the temp in your collector and more CFM of you use the less heat loss you get. Be sure to put the fan in the cold air side of the flow circuit.
            To be honest, the increase of exiting air temps is marginally higher but the glazing temps do drop by (in my case) 15ish%. If you using a plastic glazing it could be worth it just for the longevity issue.
            Have fun experimenting, cause its way better than watching TV !!
            Last edited by likes to eperiment; 12-13-2012, 11:37 AM. Reason: messed up
            Don't burn stuff up, never quit experimenting!

Comment

Working...