Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesVorn
    • Oct 2015

Air Conditioner repairing service

We are professionals of repairing air condition of your house or car. if there is any problem you face in your air condition then contact with us. Our professionals will help you to solve all your problems.

--Mod Note: This post is marginally off topic for this discussion area and is more than marginally advertising, which is not allowed without a contract (check with Solar Pete for rates).
    Only the fact that there are no links, phone numbers or email addresses in the post is keeping it from being summarily deleted along with a ban on your userid. That and the fact that Mike actually had a question for you.
    Last edited by inetdog; 10-13-2015, 02:01 PM.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

wife's 22 yr old car needs recharge, I have cans of DIY r-12, but my hose for it is rotten out, do you have any solution ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• inetdog
      Super Moderator
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250
      wife's 22 yr old car needs recharge, I have cans of DIY r-12, but my hose for it is rotten out, do you have any solution ?
      My late mother's 1972 Mercedes needed all of its A/C hoses replaced back in 2004, but the cost would have been more than the Blue Book value of the car.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by inetdog
        My late mother's 1972 Mercedes needed all of its A/C hoses replaced back in 2004, but the cost would have been more than the Blue Book value of the car.
        But it was a classic 1972 Mercedes.

Comment

• inetdog
          Super Moderator
          • May 2012

Originally posted by SunEagle
          But it was a classic 1972 Mercedes.

Yes. Unfortunately is was also the first year Mercedes had to meet US emissions requirements. They only qualified one engine configuration, the one designed for the next larger model, and shoehorned it in under the hood. In addition is was only marginally driveable with the factory tuning. Even with a 4 speed automatic it would stall a lot at stop lights.

It is currently sitting in our back garage waiting for a new carb. (Have not been able to find one in eight years of on and off searching.)

Comment

• bcroe
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jan 2012

wife's 22 yr old car needs recharge, I have cans of DIY r-12,
            but my hose for it is rotten out, do you have any solution ?
            You can just buy some hose. Use the newer Barrier AC Hoses which won't pass so much gas. Just
            cut those crimps off the old hoses, slide the new on using some of that refrigerant equivalent of
            pipe joint compound, and apply a couple refrigerant screw clamps. Did quite a bit of that when
            A/C was being retrofitted to cars. Bruce Roe

Comment

• inetdog
              Super Moderator
              • May 2012

Originally posted by bcroe
              You can just buy some hose. Use the newer Barrier AC Hoses which won't pass so much gas. Just
              cut those crimps off the old hoses, slide the new on using some of that refrigerant equivalent of
              pipe joint compound, and apply a couple refrigerant screw clamps. Did quite a bit of that when
              A/C was being retrofitted to cars. Bruce Roe

Refrigerant screw clamps have more leverage to allow higher clamping force?

Comment

• bcroe
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jan 2012

Refrigerant screw clamps have more leverage to allow higher clamping force?
                I believe the difference is, the surface gripping the hose is more of a perfect circle than
                more generic clamps. Important at 200 psi. Some have a spacer indicator tab. Bruce Roe

Comment

• SunEagle
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by RickDavis16
                  Air Conditioner repairing great instructions for repairing the electrical electrically powered yourself. It’s key to realize the right technique to do it so that you can break safe.
                  Hello RickDavis16 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk.

I am not sure if it is your limited knowledge of the English language which might explain your "hard to understand" post or you are just posting for the sake of getting into this Forum. You might be better off posting in the New Member section along with giving us some information about yourself and why you are interested in Solar Technology.

Comment

• cebury
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Sep 2011

Suneagle, Isnt that a bot?

Comment

• SunEagle
                      Super Moderator
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by cebury
                      Suneagle, Isnt that a bot?
                      It is possible but RickDavis16 is not from the US which could explain the language barrier.
                      Last edited by SunEagle; 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• cebury
                        cebury commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ahh, I see. You are being polite JIC.
                    • bcroe
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jan 2012

Yes. Unfortunately is was also the first year Mercedes had to meet US emissions requirements. They only qualified one engine configuration, the one designed for the next larger model, and shoehorned it in under the hood. In addition is was only marginally driveable with the factory tuning. Even with a 4 speed automatic it would stall a lot at stop lights.

It is currently sitting in our back garage waiting for a new carb. (Have not been able to find one in eight years of on and off searching.)
                      You could just convert it to fuel injection. Probably could run the best ever. There will never be German iron here again. Bruce Roe

Comment

• FrancisHan
                        • May 2016

If you live in Morris County then you can consult HVAC company Morris county NJ or if not then any other local professional firm will help.

Comment

• azdave
                          • Oct 2014

wife's 22 yr old car needs recharge, I have cans of DIY r-12
                          I've used hydrocarbon refrigerants in my old R12 A/C vehicles for close to 15 years. No hose or compressor oil changes required. Great for the DIY crowd.

Used in my 91 Aerostar, 87 B2000 and 1965 Corvair with great results through the hot summers in the Phoenix desert. Search ES-12a or Envirosafe.
                          Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                          6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Working...