I Be Looking for DIY Help with Making a Solar Wall Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Be Looking for DIY Help with Making a Solar Wall Heater

I'm trying to build a device based on a design from a book called Solviva by Anna Edey. SHe called it a Moray wall heater, but it seems to be just one derivation of Trombe walls, or wall heaters, in general. They're called many things, but what I'm to do is find a cheap, efficient way to heat and pressurize air at the same time, and turn it into a spinning vortex of rising air that sucks air out of the atmosphere, and down in displacement.

Alsso, I'm trying to build a heat reservoir, or battery, to help power the vortex.

I've never been a handyman, or craftsman, so I'll need a lot of guidance, on this. Also, i'm not good on the math for thermodynamics, and heat transfer. I'll need some of the at knowhow.

Such things can be lots of fun. I was once in a somewhat similar place to where you sound like you may be. To get the most from such endeavors as a learning experience I found it best (for me only, and only FWIW) to start at the beginning. That meant a serious review of the mathematics and a basic study of the other two subjects you mention as well as fluid mechanics. The longer I stayed in the area, the more it became apparent to do otherwise would have amounted to wheel spinning. Good luck. Stay curious. Sometimes it's all you'll have.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
      Such things can be lots of fun. I was once in a somewhat similar place to where you sound like you may be. To get the most from such endeavors as a learning experience I found it best (for me only, and only FWIW) to start at the beginning. That meant a serious review of the mathematics and a basic study of the other two subjects you mention as well as fluid mechanics. The longer I stayed in the area, the more it became apparent to do otherwise would have amounted to wheel spinning. Good luck. Stay curious. Sometimes it's all you'll have.
      I see. I can do that, but above all, I want a support group to lend moral support. A commitment to learning I have, but I don't want it to be like college, where I got lost. This is learning for a purpose, and I'm looking for help focusing me there. Also, I'd like a place where experts come to me, whereas I have to go find experts. That is time-consuming, and counter-productive. Over the internet, there must be a way to do this.

Also, are there any Youtube videos on fluid mechanics, and mathematics?

Comment

Originally posted by Noitartst View Post
        I see. I can do that, but above all, I want a support group to lend moral support. A commitment to learning I have, but I don't want it to be like college, where I got lost. This is learning for a purpose, and I'm looking for help focusing me there. Also, I'd like a place where experts come to me, whereas I have to go find experts. That is time-consuming, and counter-productive. Over the internet, there must be a way to do this.

Also, are there any Youtube videos on fluid mechanics, and mathematics?
        Good luck on your endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
          Good luck on your endeavors.
          I would echo this sentiment, as a form of moral support...

Comment

Working...
          X