X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brixloekken
    • Nov 2013

Will this work in Denmark

Hi Guys

I'm living in Denmark in the countryside. My house has a 45* angled roof facing straight south.
    So i'm thinking about building a long pop-can solar air heater with about 6-7 tubes/pipes going from bottom to top of the roof - like 6 meters. (Like the designs i see with a box holding the tubes etc.)

The idea is to pull air from the top of the system and blow it down near the floor in the living room. (I'm also thinking about blowing the hot air into a wall with air piping surrounded/filled with sand.

Question 1: Will the long 6 meter pipes be effective, or would shorter pipes be almost just as effective?

Question 2: Would it be a good idea to run the air through a wall the whole day to create a heat battery?

Question 3: Will any of this work in Denmark?

Please give me your advise on what to do smartest in my situation - i would love to create some heat from the sun.

Thanks
    Michael
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Reverse order -

3) Sure it will work for you - a difficult climate but what to do.

2) Thermal mass makes most heating systems more efficient - you wall helps - concrete is better yet.

1) Try looking at http://www.builditsolar.com/ - you will find all sorts of DIY systems - I look forward to hearing from you as you go along.

Russ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Brixloekken
      • Nov 2013

Hi Russ

Thanks for your advise.

I will definitely build my wall with concrete if it's that much better... guess the weight says it.

Thanks for the link to builditsolar - i have take a good look there - lots of good stuff.

I will definitely get back for more advise here as i go.

Sincerely
      Michael

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Hi Michael - Good luck and let us know please!

Russ
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...