Outdoor Lighting Powered by Solar Problems, Need Troubleshooting Help Please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

[QUOTE=themachinist;58900 I'm still calling BS on the panel taking 2 weeks to charge that battery. I mean what the flip is that panel good for if thats the best it can do. Its made for maintaining batteries not charging them from the dead. So If I got a battery big enough that wouldn't die by morning, the 5watter would be fine??!!?? And I'm sure it would help If I would take the "curly ques" flo.bulbs and use led instead. [/QUOTE]

Kind of hard to call BS on a point when you have zero idea about that point. Apparently you know even less about light bulbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Beanyboy57
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by themachinist
      I don't vote, thanks though . Ok, I get what admin said...sunking...I hear you, honestly I do. But NOBODY has answered my question yet.
      If you think that nobody has answered your question then you should start thinking about why! It seems that you certainly are good at avoiding the real issue. You just won't think about all the references the experts (not including myself in that) on this site have made about the voltage of your battery..If your battery is under 10V there is a high probability that it is dead then nothing will work. Just for the hell of it, why don't you hook up your (working) battery from your chevy to the inverter and see what happens! The panel you bought was very cheap, do you ever wonder why they were so cheap? Some panels of very low wattage will just create heat inside a battery and not much else.
      Take out your car battery charger and hook it up to your battery, see what happens after 10 hours or so. Zippity Doo Daa Blah! (whatever that means)

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

I don't vote, thanks though . Ok, I get what admin said...sunking...I hear you, honestly I do. But NOBODY has answered my question yet. The chit has been sitting up there connected for 60 fricking days with no load.
        They went dead because you had no charge controller or blocking diode. You connected the battery directly to the solar panels, so your batteries back fed the panels at night and discharged them to ZERO, NOTTA, NOTHING.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Beanyboy57
          Solar Fanatic
          • Apr 2012

http://sunforceproducts.com/product_...?PRODUCT_ID=58

Features:
          •Charges 12 Volt batteries with the power of the sun
          •Made of durable ABS plastic and amorphous solar cells
          •Works with boats, SUVs, RVs, electric fences, deer feeders and more!
          •Completely weatherproof for added durability
          •Amorphous solar panel works in all daylight conditions, even on cloudy days
          •For indoor or outdoor use
          •Built-in overcharge/discharge protection
          •Maintenance free and easy to install
          •Plugs into 12V DC Plug or directly to the battery
          •Maximum power output: 5 Watts and 350 Mah

P.S. (The real genius on here that just finished reading it for the first time, knows already how many times I used the word xxx!)
          Thanks)

Later xxxx (<---- HA there's another one)
          What was that movie again... I think it was called Deliverance....I am sure you are familiar with it. haha Good luck with your $2 system.
          Last edited by russ; 11-08-2012, 08:55 AM. Reason: removed one word

Comment

• russ
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2009

The fool is now gone - permanent ban.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

The item the link goes to is a useless toy - a total waste of money except as a trickle charger - should be worth maybe 1$ as a toy.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...