Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steca PR2020 12/24V Night Light Function issues!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steca PR2020 12/24V Night Light Function issues!!!

Hi All

I have issues with my Steca PR2020 12/24V. I am powering 2 x 30W LED flood lights with 2 x 130W solar panels and 2 x 105Ah 12V batteries. The controller is a Steca PR2020 12/24V where you can set the night light function. It is set on the all the time one function.

My issue is that when it is nightfall and the lights are meant to switch on they go on for 10 seconds and then off for 10 seconds and then on again??

Any help will be appreciated.

Stuart

South Africa.

Originally posted by Stuart2610 View Post
    Hi All

I have issues with my Steca PR2020 12/24V. I am powering 2 x 30W LED flood lights with 2 x 130W solar panels and 2 x 105Ah 12V batteries. The controller is a Steca PR2020 12/24V where you can set the night light function. It is set on the all the time one function.

My issue is that when it is nightfall and the lights are meant to switch on they go on for 10 seconds and then off for 10 seconds and then on again??

Any help will be appreciated.

Stuart

South Africa.
    The most common cause for cycling by a photocell controlled light is that the light is shining on the photocell. Since in your case the photocell function is provided by the solar PV array connected to the Steca, you must take whatever action is needed to make sure that the flood lights do not shine on the panels. You can check for this possibility by just covering the lights completely.

If that is not the problem, look at the battery voltage to see whether it is dropping below the Low Voltage CutOff point because of high resistance and then recovering above the reset voltage once the load is disconnected.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
      The most common cause for cycling by a photocell controlled light is that the light is shining on the photocell. Since in your case the photocell function is provided by the solar PV array connected to the Steca, you must take whatever action is needed to make sure that the flood lights do not shine on the panels. You can check for this possibility by just covering the lights completely.

If that is not the problem, look at the battery voltage to see whether it is dropping below the Low Voltage CutOff point because of high resistance and then recovering above the reset voltage once the load is disconnected.
      Hi thanks for the reply. This controller does not work on a photocell but rather the voltage of the panel. The batteries are full an I can't see how it can be a low voltage problem. The lights together only pull about 6 amps

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart2610 View Post
        Hi thanks for the reply. This controller does not work on a photocell but rather the voltage of the panel. The batteries are full an I can't see how it can be a low voltage problem. The lights together only pull about 6 amps
        As I said, the voltage on the panels can be an issue if the lights shine on the panel surface. In low light the panels will not deliver full current, but they will still produce very close to full voltage into a high resistance load! Try shielding the panels from the lights. (Cover the panels or cover the lights to test.)
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
        X