Christmas Tree Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plastic garden posts

I agree with sunking. poor terminations is the problem. As it is common point of failures and electrical fires. You either terminated the terminals onto the copper cable poorly, or poor connection to the battery post.
    Last edited by russ; 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

plastic garden posts

Christmas lights are lights used for decoration around Christmas. The custom harks back to the use of candles to decorate the Christmas tree in upper-class homes in 18th-century Germany. Christmas trees displayed publicly and illuminated with electric lights became popular in the early 20th century.

.................................................. ............................
      Mod note - forget the links
      Last edited by russ; 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Originally posted by squerly View Post
        I tried running some Christmas tree lights off my solar system and the controler kept warning me of a low battery and then disconnecting. But testing the batteries shows they have a 95% charge. So I plugged the strings in one at a time. First string runs OK. Second string OK. But as soon as I connect the third string the controler shuts off the batteries.

So I bypassed the controler and ran the inverter straight off the batteries. First string
        clicking here OK, Second string OK, but as soon as I connect the third string the wires coming from the battery to the inverter start to get hot. Real hot! Appears to be a lot of resistance somewhere. Anyone have this problem before?
        I am looking to use LED lights with bright colors. I hope they work well this Christmas.

Comment

For years we used a small light 25' string with a box for different patterns, but it was a 50 watt draw so could not leave it on a lot. Then last year we got a 15' tube of colored LEDs that only uses 9 watts. We also found deals on LEDs with 25, 40 and 60 watt lumen equivalents, and replaced 11 of our CFLs. We gave them to our son who moved out into a rental with all incandescents.

Comment

Christmas is over, the problem is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by justjun View Post
              Well put!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Add a radiator?

Mod note - Forget the advertising links - repeats will lead to being banned.
                Last edited by russ; 12-27-2012, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justjun View Post
                  You're right, much more than you realize. Turns out that replacing the string with LED's provided the desired results. But it also stood out quite brilliantly in the rural mountainside where I live and unfortunately made a target for some clown who threw a large rock threw a 220 watt panel. Providing Christmas lights is just to expensive and will probably not be attempted again.
                  Squerly ~

Comment

Working...
                  X