Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagan 2000 lumens solar light

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wagan 2000 lumens solar light

    Hello everyone, new to the forum here.

    I have a wagan 2000 lumes outdoor lamp and i noticed it is not lasting at 100% all night, 3 to 4 hours of use it goes to 10% i test the solar panel with a multimeter and the reading is 6.5v with sunlight but the battery reading is 3.4v it has 5, 3.7 18650 batteries, are they bad?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Likibow View Post
    ........ the battery reading is 3.4v it has 5, 3.7 18650 batteries, are they bad?
    Most likely they have lost capacity. It is possible in the shorter days of winter that they were not getting fully charged. The fully charged voltage of those cells is 4.1 Volts. Can you check that at the end of the day? The only good news is the days are getting longer and the nights shorter.
    9 kW solar. Driving EVs since 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      Something else to look at is the direction the solar pane on that light is pointed at. Unless it is angled to get the direct sunlight it will not produce as much as it could in the summer with the sun directly overhead.

      Unfortunately most of those solar street lights do not last all night due to their location and placement unless they have another power source to keep the batteries charged.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ampster, i will do the test this weekend and see if they get fully charged.

        SunEagle, the lamp is in a location where it gets direct sunlight every day.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Likibow View Post
          Ampster, i will do the test this weekend and see if they get fully charged.

          SunEagle, the lamp is in a location where it gets direct sunlight every day.
          I guess you would have to determine if it gets enough usable sunlight all year long or if it is just in the sun. There is a big difference.

          Comment


          • #6
            Where I have it installed is a place that rains like 5 times a year, pretty much everyday is sunny and it's installed in a post far from trees, so nothing blocks it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Likibow View Post
              Where I have it installed is a place that rains like 5 times a year, pretty much everyday is sunny and it's installed in a post far from trees, so nothing blocks it.
              Ok. I was hoping to help determine why it was not working for you due to it's placement in the sun but I guess the issue is something else.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello guys, I've been very busy lately, so for the past 2 days i left the lamp charging and today i test it, the batteries are at 3.75v but it keeps doing the same i guess it must be something wrong with the board

                Comment

                Working...
                X