Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions?

Noob here. Have a yard the size or possibly 14 by 14 meters big. Can you guys point me to a link on Amazon or anywhere else that I can but a flood light for it all solar panel. Saw a house with a 1 by 1 meter panel with 1 big light bulb and battery setup is like to copy. Thanks

Anyone?

Comment

An educated guess at an answer will need more information. Read up on what info is required, provide it here and you may get a reply or two.

Unless this is a hobby/learning situation or grid power not avail., skip the PV and use grid power. Better, cheaper, faster.

Comment

Originally posted by 2018SunDork View Post
        Noob here. Have a yard the size or possibly 14 by 14 meters big. Can you guys point me to a link on Amazon or anywhere else that I can but a flood light for it all solar panel. Saw a house with a 1 by 1 meter panel with 1 big light bulb and battery setup is like to copy. Thanks
        Harbor freight has a neat small kit for 125 bucks plus a dept with proprietary upgrades. It's a toy but you can learn hands on basics to wet your feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Land View Post

Harbor freight has a neat small kit for 125 bucks plus a dept with proprietary upgrades. It's a toy but you can learn hands on basics to wet your feet.
          It's a toy and a waste of money. start with book learning and then have your hands follow your brain. The ed. will also help you avoid the self ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Land View Post

Can you link me please. I searched but nothing for 125$. Thanks.

Comment

Can you link me please. I searched but nothing for 125$. Thanks.
              Tell you what, just give me the $125 and I will teach you a lot more than the Harbor Fright kit. You would be paying $100 for the box of $25 of the worthless junk inside the box. Don't waste your money on it.

No one can help you unless you help yourself first. The very first step is determine how many watt hours you need in a day. No one but you can figure that out. Otherwise you are just wasting our time and your money.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Ok..... I'll make it simple. Is there a kit that will light up half a basketball court at night well. Only for night use.

Comment

Ok..... I'll make it simple. Is there a kit that will light up half a basketball court at night well. Only for night use.
                  Even simpler. NO kit can do that. By "light up" I assume fairly bright, enough to easily read newspaper ? To light half a court, will take about 5 small fixtures, on 15 or 20 foot tall poles and maybe 15W LED flood lamps. You can buy street light fixtures, but I suspect they will not be bright enough. To get even lighting, you need to get the fixtures elevated.
                  Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                  || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                  || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                  gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Only for night use.
                    It would be a lot easier if the task was only to light things up for day use only.

Comment

Working...
                    X