Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Solar Flood/Area Light that does NOT have motion sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Solar Flood/Area Light that does NOT have motion sensors?

I want something that puts out good light but I dont want it motion sensor activated. Any ideas?

How about a hand operated switch ?

Comment

there are hundreds of 6 and 12 volt LED lights that could be used for solar/battery area flood light. However w/o a motion sensor the light would only burn for 10 to 20 min's and would need another solar day to recharge. If you use a timer switch it could work with a bigger battery.

Comment

I guess the 2 questions I have is how much light do you need and for how long each day?

Comment

they dont need to be super bright, i want to put them on the fence itself, not the posts, as the posts are on the other side of the privacy fence panels. I suppose 4 or 5 of them would be sufficient. I'd like them to last maybe 6-8 hours or so. But i dont want them motion sensored.

Comment

Will an extension cord reach the area? I would either run a cord or get a handy man to bury conduit and wire. I use LED stringlights work perfect on 110 volt and will cost much less and provide quality reliable light for pennies

Comment

There are quite a few that will work from "dusk to dawn" using a photo eye control.

Depending on how much you want to spend, they come with different styles, luman output amounts, solar panel wattage, mounting types (for remote mounting) and battery sizes. You just have to search for them. I really have no hands on experience so I can't tell you which ones are better then the others.

Below are a couple I found but there are many others out there.

Cheap floodlight

Expensive floodlight
              Last edited by SunEagle; 09-08-2016, 03:50 PM. Reason: added links to some solar flood lights

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                There are quite a few that will work from "dusk to dawn" using a photo eye control.

Depending on how much you want to spend, they come with different styles, luman output amounts, solar panel wattage, mounting types (for remote mounting) and battery sizes. You just have to search for them. I really have no hands on experience so I can't tell you which ones are better then the others.

Below are a couple I found but there are many others out there.

Cheap floodlight

Expensive floodlight
                Thanks SunEagle I think the product in ebay is better, and I`m gonna buy it.

Comment

I've had good luck with the Pointable self-contained spotlight, possiby seasonal from Walmart. Have lasted two years, looks like a Well lit border wall. I have them on the front of the garage and 6-foot privacy fence. And numerous other self-contained bright solar yard lights

Comment

If no pir motion sensor, then you must need the auto-time dimming control system?

Comment

Self-contained spotlights on my back border wall lasted over 7 hours even last night on Groundhog Day. And they're almost three years old

Comment

Update, replaced some of the batteries on two of the lights with lifepo4 that they came with. All but 2 still doing great job several hours into the evening Illuminating back border wall.
                        Last edited by Brian53713; 11-10-2017, 11:13 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Brian do you have a link or picture of your lights ?
                          9.36 grid tied, Phoenix Arizona

Comment

I finally have the wife holding out for ones with an 18650 battery, replacing the 650 mAh NiCd versions as they fail. But - they are all good when you consider the price. She has the backyard looking like a heliport.

Comment

They're from years ago, made of plastic. The new ,basic ones from the blue place, are made of metal. I think the lifepo4 batteries has made them work so long and so well. Bought replacement lifepo4, bunch of them for cheap Amazon replacing as necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X