Need source for 24v recessed fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need source for 24v recessed fixtures

I will be doing the rough electric in new construction home over next few weeks. I intend to run most of lighting off of 24v. System is lead-lead acid with 24v class 2 electronic breakers which are good for about 4 amps. I am having a difficult time finding LED lamps that have UL or ETL listing. 2014 SEC handbook calls out for listed components so there is no leeway there.

thanks
    PowerSupplyGuy

I suggest you reconsider 24 volt DC lighting because it is very expensive, and very limited selection of bulbs and fixtures. If you go with 24 volt DC your first choice is Lamp Types available for 24 volts. That should scare and educate you what you are up against. Once you are done that it is just a matter of finding the fixture you like that has a Lamp Base and Ballast that fits the Lamp Bulb or LED............................................... .................................................. .......................... Smart money is standard 120 or 277 volt lighting. Endless options, better efficiency, lower price points, etc...... Most of what you find for low voltage is for 12 volts and that is only really good for accent lighting and RV's/Campers. If you need area or room lighting I suggest you reconsider.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

IMO a 24volt lighting system will cost you a lot more due to the limited selection of 24v lamps as well as the need to run larger wiring to reduce the voltage drop.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
        IMO a 24volt lighting system will cost you a lot more due to the limited selection of 24v lamps as well as the need to run larger wiring to reduce the voltage drop.
        Ok, thanks for input. I think you are both right. I'll have electrician go ahead with install for 120v overhead lights.

regards,
        Powersupplyguy

Comment

Working...
        X