No announcement yet.

solar LED lighting for garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not related to this product in particular, but using solar for landscape lighting generally, I've found it very educational as a 'starter solar system'. Not that I came to that conclusion initially - I had to make all the usual mistakes first.

What I recommended to a friend recently, who is just getting started, was to pick up a 10watt panel, a small lfp(LifePO4) battery with built in bms, an lfp controller, a watt meter, and a low wattage landscape light (I'm using 10w flood). That way you get to check out solar, gauge your input/output, and have some nice outdoor lighting to boot. Also, you know you won't be 'upgrading' this system - you will start anew, after you do the math, given the watt hours your new system needs.

I'm using a 6AH bioennopower battery/bms and controller. Interestingly I get very nearly the full capacity (72 Wh) - more than 6 hours with 10w led on days with full sun. I took apart the battery so I can see the innards and test the individual cell voltages.

If I would have started here I would have saved myself a grand or so, ha! But would not have learned as much (about what not to do :P).

Comment

[QUOTE=PNjunction;n255622] You may also see them sometimes as "pre-charged". Sanyo / Panasonic Eneloop are the gold standard among us AA nerds.QUOTE]

I use eneloops for my tv headphones... and in a word their quality...SUCKS... I am on my 3rd set from amazon...the 1st two were sent back..

Comment

To fix broken dome, open the units up and silicone a little plastic clear panel in front of it to keep the bugs out! Should work just fine...

Comment

Great thoughts and tips.. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
          X