Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.

My total requirements in terms of equipment are;

2 X 12V Water Pump (5W - 04I) will run on/off during daytime (on a dusk/dawn swicth)
    8 12LEDS 5W each apparantly (I thought they were 1W each)
    3 relays for water level light control (green=full, yellow not full/empty, red=lower limit reached another pump to fill tank up)
    Temp Control swicth 0.035I static and 0.065I running
    10W PIR flood light (On at night and in its on dusk/dawn swicth)
    1 X dusk/dawn swicth

Hope all makes sense.

Will be taking notes and check all the actual power consumption on all of the above.

Many thanks.
    Albert

Comment

Originally posted by albertc30 View Post
      Hi all.

My total requirements in terms of equipment are;

2 X 12V Water Pump (5W - 04I) will run on/off during daytime (on a dusk/dawn swicth)
      8 12LEDS 5W each apparantly (I thought they were 1W each)
      3 relays for water level light control (green=full, yellow not full/empty, red=lower limit reached another pump to fill tank up)
      Temp Control swicth 0.035I static and 0.065I running
      10W PIR flood light (On at night and in its on dusk/dawn swicth)
      1 X dusk/dawn swicth

Hope all makes sense.

Will be taking notes and check all the actual power consumption on all of the above.

Many thanks.
      Albert
      Albert

Thanks for getting us more information about your system.

So if you are using that 10 watt light from dusk to dawn (~ 9 hours) that comes to 90 watt hours.
      If you run those 8 x 5 watt LED lights for 1.5 hours you use about 60 watt hours.
      Before you add up any other loads you are already using 3 times what your 22Ah battery can safely provide you.

Based on my estimated 53 watt hours at 20% discharge that battery is getting discharged closer to 60%. Along with the deep discharge if it has been getting more than 4 amps of charging that is too much. Doing this for 8 months it's life has been severely shortened.

To safely run your lights and pump daily you will need a minimum 100Ah 12volt battery, 200 watts of solar panel and a good 20 amp PWM charge controller.

I have made some assumptions like the amount those 5 watt lights are on and that those relays and water pump are not using many watt hours. If you run the lights longer and you can get power consumption measurement of the other items we can better determine if that system I listed is big enough or you need to go larger.

Comment

Hi.

The flood light is on a PIR sensor so it won't be on all night. Sorry if I was misleading.

Just done further readings to current drawn and these are the numbers;

12V Relay = 0.096A X 3 (very rarely on, maybe a couple of times a day if that)
        12V Temp. Control relay = 0.020A stand by, 0.073A Operating current (Could be on/of few times per day from dawn to dusk)
        12V Dusk / Dawn swicth = 0.005A stand by, 0.039A Operating current
        12V Water Pump = 0.370A Operating current (1 pump will circulate the water to collect heat from bottles and 1 pump will pump water to tank once tank has reached its lower limit hence traffic color light)
        LED light system = 0.024A Operating current (1 always on day and night)
        USB / 12V power socket = 0.027A stand by current
        12V buzzer = 0.026A operating current (For when light bypass switch is on and door closed. This is to alert, when leaving shed that light is on.)

Still need to do some readings on the lights on the shed and the 10W PIR flood light.

If memory serves me well, the 8 lights in the shed were showing on my watt meters as just over 1.0A. (Again this can be just once or twice a day and for 5 minutes most.)

Again, many thanks for showing an interest in my project and much appreciated for all the input.

Regards,
        Albert

shedconsuption.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X