Need help on uncoming project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on uncoming project

hi, i plan to add some ext lights for garden or drive way in my home . my house has an off grid syst but i want to stand alone syst for ext lights. im planning for 3 to 4 pole lights with leds . whats are your recomendation.
    thanks
    Juan

Originally posted by juanluixx View Post
    hi, i plan to add some ext lights for garden or drive way in my home . my house has an off grid syst but i want to stand alone syst for ext lights. im planning for 3 to 4 pole lights with leds . whats are your recomendation.
    thanks
    Juan
    Are you looking for appearance or guide lights or do you want to cast useful light on the garden and driveway? The products for the two applications will be very different.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

i think guide/useful lights because i live very apart from other house and its too difficult to bring electricity (thats why im off grid) i need some lights for drive way to my home.

Comment

Originally posted by juanluixx View Post
        i think guide/useful lights because i live very apart from other house and its too difficult to bring electricity (thats why im off grid) i need some lights for drive way to my home.
        The integrated solar garden lights sold in packages of six or more at the big box stores in the US are very economical, but limited.

If given full direct sun exposure during the day, the units with built-in 2"x2" panels, AA or AAA sized rechargeable batteries and a single LED can be attractive and also give useful light on the ground when mounted on a pole. But you should not expect them to shine for more than 4 or 5 hours after sunset. Sample price would be ~45 dollars for a set of 8. You cannot get the parts for anywhere close to that price.

To get more light or for a longer period, you should look at lights with separate panel and battery. If you can avoid having to run wires from a central supply to multiple lights you might be better off, especially if you cannot bury the wires along your driveway.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
        X