Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Power for Street Lights and Billboards

Dear All,

I have recently started working with a completely new project where I will design solar power Billboard systems. Now this Thread is basically to share some experience and also to gain some from you all.

While installing my first system, honestly speaking i faced a lot of troubles. At first the problem was with the wiring of panels and the controller. Then there is the problem of installing flood lights at such great height. Fortunately, these problems were faced and solved. The light now operates for 4 hours per night and its illumination is great.

Currently now I am facing another big problem. Since the board is located on one side of the road, so there is a lot of dust over there. And hence the panel gets covered with dust very soon and its now becoming a huge problem for us to keep it clean every three/four days. I think this is one big problem for the system.

If there are people working on similar project, i would like to request you to share some of your experience also with us all. And i hope it will be great to know your experience also.

And also is there anyone who can refer me to some cheap but high lumen LED Flood Light company. I need it to make the system cheaper. Also design of billboards with solar power will be highly appreciable.

Thank you all.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="blue"]Shapath[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="lime"][QUOTE]We must be the change we wish to see in the world - Gandhi[/QUOTE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I've been doing some research on cleaning solar panels, and while there are automated systems that spray water on the panels, most small arrays are cleaned by hand. The automated systems would require additional plumbing; the cost and complexity may not make sense for a billboard.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has any novel solutions. Good luck.

Comment

Sachin - I have no idea what your post was all about - care to explain?

Russ
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

dear itsmike,
        thank you for your reply.

dear Russ,
        me cant see Sachin's reply.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="lime"][QUOTE]We must be the change we wish to see in the world - Gandhi[/QUOTE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I wonder if there is some way to electrostatically repel the dust?

Certainly in the U.S., solar powered traffic warning signs are very common.

Comment

Sachin's comment was a short statement saying nothing made so he could drop a link for something.

It was deleted as I saw he had done the same on other threads.

Russ
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
              Sachin's comment was a short statement saying nothing made so he could drop a link for something.

It was deleted as I saw he had done the same on other threads.

Russ
              Ohh!! ok.

@Perry,
              me also wanting something like that...!!!

Comment

Working...
              X