Powering a small commercial space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering a small commercial space

So for example I'm going to establish a commercial space which is powered by solar, like a normal retail center. How much would that be and how long could it last (i mean how long till I probably would surrender to normal electricity lines).

It's all hypothetical. Not actually planning on doing so.

Originally posted by SunSolarPro View Post
    So for example I'm going to establish a commercial space which is powered by solar, like a normal retail center.
    net metering? Or off-grid with batteries and such?

Net metering - in many locations could be similar cost as utility costs (just more front-loaded rather than spread out). There are a lot of retail/commercial that have panels on the roof.

Off-grid - not something normally done - usually a retail/commercial space is built with a mind of making a profit for the owner. And are built in locations where power is readily available. And since off-grid setups cost more than grid power in cases where power is readily available there's no financial incentive for someone to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post

net metering? Or off-grid with batteries and such?

Net metering - in many locations could be similar cost as utility costs (just more front-loaded rather than spread out). There are a lot of retail/commercial that have panels on the roof.

Off-grid - not something normally done - usually a retail/commercial space is built with a mind of making a profit for the owner. And are built in locations where power is readily available. And since off-grid setups cost more than grid power in cases where power is readily available there's no financial incentive for someone to do that.

Learned that off-grid is much more expensive so would go with net metering

Comment

Working...
      X