Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 Watt Solar Panel Give Away (SHOW US YOUR SMALL PROJECT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Watt Solar Panel Give Away (SHOW US YOUR SMALL PROJECT)

In order to participate in this give away you must:

1. Include pictures and description of a current or completed project of(5-150 watts) that is suitable for beginners.

2. Must live in the United States (U.S.A) lower 48 states and have a valid street address so I can ship item for free to you via UPS.

3. Must submit all pictures and brief description of project under this same thread before the dead line of April 20, 2012. I will get a hold of a forum mod to help me choose winner...

4. Have fun..Keep it friendly..No fighting please ( : ..

3 used working 10 watt solar panels will be in this give away for a total of 30 watts, these are 12v panels.......

These are coming from my left over project and I would like to give them a new owner...

3x10 pic2.jpg3x10 solar.jpg

are these factory panels, or homemade ? Just wondering.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Solarex panels , factory....msx10 if i recall is model

Comment

lost in this new world lol

what will 30 watt panels power on a regular basis?? im totally new to this and just trying to grasp a basic concept. i used to be an electrician n know that 120 watts is an amp so im guessing that 30 w is basically a 1/4 amp like a cell phone charger could be powered maybe? is that right or am i over thinking it completely??

Comment

Solar Panel Talk Not a Sponsor

Just to be clear, we at Solar Panel Talk like this competition and have agreed to allow the poster to include the information on this Forum, but we are in no way involved with the competition.

Comment

BSHARP76 its good to know you gave up doing electrical work.. i used to be an electrician n know that 120 watts is an amp That would only be true if its also 120v. You may find its not quite correct if you have 12v and 120w.

Comment

I am working on my first project, but the only photo of the progress is me looking confused reading this forum. Given I am in my Scoobie-Doo undies and haven't been tanning, I will forfeit my chances at a win rather then post the photo. Good luck top the rest of you

Comment

Originally posted by bsharp76 View Post
                what will 30 watt panels power on a regular basis?? im totally new to this and just trying to grasp a basic concept. i used to be an electrician n know that 120 watts is an amp so im guessing that 30 w is basically a 1/4 amp like a cell phone charger could be powered maybe? is that right or am i over thinking it completely??
                Are you sure you were an electrician?

120 watts = 1200 volts x 0.1 amps
                120 watts = 120 volts x 1 amp
                120 watts = 12 volts x 10 amps
                120 watts = 1.2 volts x 100 amps

All four equations are True equations.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

Sunking read post #6 I asked much the same thing. it seems its only you and me that notices such things.

Comment

Originally posted by john p View Post
                    Sunking read post #6 I asked much the same thing. it seems its only you and me that notices such things.
                    OK I just did. I had not read that before I made my reply.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

Guys, lets hold off the new folk bashing, till they have proven themselves worthy. A couple blunders in 1 or 2 posts, and you have the jugular sliced already.
                      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

City Park Solar Light Project

Here is my first solar project. I think it came out well. Works great.

The light in the city park bathroom is a light-emitting diode (LED). It runs off of 12 volts and draws 4 watts of power. The LED light is activated by a motion sensor switch and is only on when someone is in the bathroom. The batteries are charged by a solar panel and solar charge controller. The batteries, charge controller and wiring are housed in a 12x12x6 PVC box in the bathroom. The solar cell is position on top of the bathroom.

Here is a breakdown of the parts and cost:
                        Everbright 35 watt Polycrystalline 12v Solar Panel 2.23 amps
                        Morningstar SunKeeper 6 Solar Charge Controller
                        LED 12 volt lamp ceiling fixture
                        PIR Motion Sensor Switch DC 12 volt
                        PVC 12x12x6 enclosure, conduit and associated parts
                        Wire, crimp connectors, miscellaneous hardware
                        2 each 12 volt batteries, YUASA NP7.5-12 (7.5AH)
                        Total Cost of this project: 141.99. The miscellaneous hardware and batteries I had so I didn't add the cost of them.

Dscn0832.jpgDscn0833.jpgDscn0834.jpgDscn0835.jpgDscn0836.jpgDscn0838.jpgDscn0839.jpg

Comment

Dakota, Thanks for posting ur project...

..Giveaway is still running and active so keep the projects coming guys....

Comment

bashed for trying to learn????

well its nice to see the people im dealing with. i came here hopin for advice and just get ridiculed,thanks for makin me feel stupid instead of at home like i was hoping for. all i wanted was knowledge from some people that know what they are talkin about and instead i feel like an a hole for even posting here thanks for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by bsharp76 View Post
                              well its nice to see the people im dealing with. i came here hopin for advice and just get ridiculed,thanks for makin me feel stupid instead of at home like i was hoping for. all i wanted was knowledge from some people that know what they are talkin about and instead i feel like an a hole for even posting here thanks for nothing
                              Sorry about that but you came in blowing smoke about knowledge-background you didn't have - kind of got what was called for.

Nothing wrong with not knowing - a lot wrong with pretending to know.
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X