X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmk9785e
    • Jul 2016

Solar system for non-profit

Not sure if it is the right forum to post questions regarding non-profit business solar systems here.

Hospice of San Joaquin is a non-profit organization in Stockton, California. We’re interested in installing solar PV system to lower our costs and redirect our funds towards patient care.

We have two buildings in the same complex, each with its own meter so it should be eligible for NEM2A. We want to complete this project before February 15 to take advantage of this program. The buildings were built in 2006 with concrete tile roof. One of the two buildings has more favorable roof direction for solar. We have downloaded the past 12 months energy usage details and PG&E billing statements.

Where do we find installers who would be knowledgeable about NEM2A?

Last edited by rmk9785e; 01-05-2024, 04:05 PM.
  • fraser
    • May 2016

I bet you only have to have your interconnection application to PG&E approved by the deadline, not installed by the date. For example, I filed the paperwork (line diagram and supporting documents) with PG&E before the April 14 deadline last year, but had up to 2 years to get it installed (took until Jan 2 of this year). I confirmed it still qualified for NEM 2.0. Also, you can do the application with PG&E without having a contractor first, which is what I did. I used DIY resellers and offshore design company to get all the information and get the docs done. Cost is very low to use an offshore design company, like a few hundred including all stamps. I saved more than 65% rather than using a traditional solar company. You should be under $1/kw for ALL equipment, more like $0.75/kw.
    Last edited by fraser; 01-12-2024, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...