X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • majorfriend
    • Aug 2023

Just an update for anyone following:
    After a couple days SolarEdge got back to me and asked for some photos and a couple additional questions. I sent those over to them on Friday and today they approved the RMA for the inverter.

Not a bad support experience, a little slow, but no need to be on the phone for hours so I appreciate that.

I'll update again once we get the new inverter and get it installed.

Comment

• darkskies
      • Nov 2022

Great! They are pretty slow for sure. Looking forward to see how you make out.

Comment

• majorfriend
        • Aug 2023

Back up and running today!

In total system was down for about 3-4 weeks, got the new inverter last Monday, but was out of town. Had a couple hours available today so I got to replacing it. Took about 2.5 hours total.

I had to disconnect the DC safety switch from the inverter, put the new inverter on, and then turn everything back on, pretty smooth process.

For anyone finding this in the future, make sure you take really good notes on which wires go where, lots of pictures. It's not terrible (9 wires in total), but would suck if you didn't know where something went.

Made 17.5Kw/hr so far today!

Comment

• TundraLu
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by majorfriend
          Back up and running today!

In total system was down for about 3-4 weeks, got the new inverter last Monday, but was out of town. Had a couple hours available today so I got to replacing it. Took about 2.5 hours total.

I had to disconnect the DC safety switch from the inverter, put the new inverter on, and then turn everything back on, pretty smooth process.

For anyone finding this in the future, make sure you take really good notes on which wires go where, lots of pictures. It's not terrible (9 wires in total), but would suck if you didn't know where something went.

Made 17.5Kw/hr so far today!

Congrats I just replaced my 7600Hd as well and am back to making power. Mine took less than a week to get an RMA.

Comment

• Jamessmith.0901
            • Sep 2023

The problem could be due to wiring issues, the inverter getting too hot, power supply issues or software problems with the system. It's best to contact SolarEdge technical support and explain the situation. They know their stuff and can help you solve the problem.

Comment

Working...