• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sso365
    • Jul 2023

Installation Prior to SCE Approval

Souther California SCE Customer
    12kW install for Home.

After working with multiple Installers between Jun-22 and Mar-23, I signed up in March-2023.

The application for the Project was submitted to SCE on Apr-1st prior to the NEM 2.0 deadline. SCE reviewed the application after a month and sent myself and the Contractor an email highlighting an error in the application (the panel model # had missing characters).
    The application was also submitted to the HOA and City for approval. HOA and City approved the installation.
    A New Project Manager reached out to me in June stating that the prior PM had left the company, then proceeded to schedule the install.
    I reminded him about the email from SCE and he promised to correct the typo and resubmit. This was submitted to SCE on Jun-15th.
    The install was scheduled on Jul-11/12th and completed. The City inspection completed few days later. All good so far. Panels are also working as expected per the App.

After checking with the Installer on the Status of the PTO, the PM sent me a screen shot showing Application Status per SCE. The Status shows that it's pending review (since it was updated and resubmitted). My application is 2 months behind now. I checked SCE's website and they are still showing that applications for Apr-14th are being reviewed at the moment. This date hasn't moved in 2 weeks. Not able to get any updates from SCE or even get to a Support Personnel. SCE's website was not useful. I provided feedback to SCE and since then the website has been updated to state that the Application review date that is currently being displayed applies to both New and re-submiited application(s).

Does anybody know if I should have waited for SCE to complete the review and approve the package (Stage-1) into NEM 2.0 before continuing with the install (Stage-2)? Not sure how long I have to wait for the Application to be approved and then for the PTO (Stage-3). Any insights or recommendations regarding the current state or timeline. I am not sure what would happen if SCE does not approve this as NEM 2.0? Should I be worried?

Thanks

T
  • sso365
    • Jul 2023

SCE approved the IR 4 days ago. After following up with Contractor, the final documents were re-uploaded and PTO approved next day. Waiting for Meter/Billing to be turned on.

What I came to know is that, As long as the application is submitted prior to cut off with an accurate plan no major issues , it makes it onto NEM 2.0.

After getting the IR approved contractor + customer have up to 3 years to install. Hence the volume of submissions prior to cut off date in California.

Comment

Working...