X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peakbagger
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2010

So what exactly are refurbished Solar Panels versus Used

I see various references to sellers selling refurbished Solar Panels. Are there any standards out there or is refurbishment in the eye of the seller? My guess the refurbishment would be specific to a defect being present?. My expectation would be the seller is doing some sort of modification to the panels they bouhght used and then using a standard testing format, testing each panel and establishing its output.

My guess is that the reality is that the panels get washed somehow and a representative sample is tested, then sold to a buyer with some sort of nebulous guarantee that if a panel is defective the buyer can pay to have it shipped (on their dime) back to the seller's place of business to be tested and replaced if defective. Of course that is hoping the seller still had those panels in stock.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by peakbagger
    .......Are there any standards out there or is refurbishment in the eye of the seller? ........
    It could be as simple as replacing a diode or the connectors. I bought some old Sunpower panels and refurbished them by putting on MC4 connectors instead of the old connectors I remember from twelve years ago.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...