X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nomadh
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2014

Looking in san diego for a few quick quotes for best low cost solar install

Nem2 is coming to an end soon and I'm looking to help my ther son find a a good installer with a decent price. Probably going with microinverters. I called a couple and only jamar got back with a quote. So far its $13,800 for a 4kw. 10 panel system with IQ8+ micros. About $3.45/w. I know that was a pretty good price 6 years ago. Since then prices have gone down AND back up w instalation and supply chain so now I don't know.
    anyone have advice on what companies are best to get a quality competitive bid? Is jamar still considered a good company?
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Like most installed things you've got choices: low buck, good quality work or fast.

Pick two.

Comment

• nomadh
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.
      Like most installed things you've got choices: low buck, good quality work or fast.

Pick two.
      So what's a good price for a good system and company? Because there are also average or even very bad installs for very big money. I don't ant low buck , I just want near lowest buck for better quality company. Jamar power used to have a very good reputation and I think it still is. I'm trying to get a quote from cosmic that people seem to like.

Comment

• Calsun
        • Oct 2022

I would be careful to select tier one components even if they cost a little bit more. In evaluating installers I would want a company with a good track record of completing jobs on time and without callbacks. Panels entail roof penetrations and if your roof leaks in the future and damages your home it will be very difficult to get any compensation from a solar installer (who may not be in business 5 years from now).

I would check the local Better Business Bureau for complaints and also Yelp.com which is good for learning who does good work and who does not.

It is expensive to remove panels to re-roof a house so worth considering do the re-roofing if it is likely to need replacing within the next 5 years.

When LG decided to exist the solar panel business their installations were no longer supported. Sunpower is not replacing failed inverters under warranty. It is best to take time and research the level of customer support you are likely to get for the components from their manufacturers and the post sale support from the installer.

Comment

• nomadh
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2014

We went with jamar power in santee. They had good references 6 years ago. Still looks good, it was hard to get pricing out of others a the price looked good.
          they were on the ball, and now there been out to look at the roof and e panel , have submitted to sdge and we still haven't payed them the down payment. They are too busy getting g things done to bill us.

Comment

Working...