X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decreased production. Inverter issue?

Hi everyone, I noticed that for the past three days all of the solar panels attached to one of my inverters are producing a smaller amount than they used to. I have 12 west facing and 8 south facing panels attached to “Inverter 2”, which are all producing normally. I also have 23 south facing panels attached to “Inverter 1”. All of the south facing panels usually produce around the same amount (the 8 attached to one inverter and the 23 attached to the other). However, for the last few days the panels attached to Inverter 1 are producing about 2/3 of what they usually produce. Could this be an issue with the inverter they’re attached to?

On a related question. If I need to have someone come repair the system, does it have to be the same company that installed it a little over 1 year ago? Or can any other company do it and still be able to claim the manufacturer warranties?

How have the temperatures been in your area? I've noticed during the past few "bluebird days" of sunshine my output 2-3 hours prior to "solar noon" with cooler temps is greater than 2-3 hours after with the hotter temps (90-95). Could this be something for you to consider?

Comment

I have 2.1kw of PV. this time of year with the sun's angle and the heat I'm not getting 1kw into my charge controller.
      2 Kw PV Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 460ah,

Comment

Thanks all. I don’t think it’s related to heat since we’ve been in the low-mid 70’s. What’s weird is that all of the south facing panels usually produce roughly the same amount since they’re all right next to each other, but all of the ones attached to one inverter are making about a third less than the ones attached to the other inverter.
        I tried to upload a screenshot but I keep getting an error

Comment

Originally posted by Unhappygilmore View Post
          Thanks all. I don’t think it’s related to heat since we’ve been in the low-mid 70’s. What’s weird is that all of the south facing panels usually produce roughly the same amount since they’re all right next to each other, but all of the ones attached to one inverter are making about a third less than the ones attached to the other inverter.
          I tried to upload a screenshot but I keep getting an error
          Welcome to the CAN NOT UPLOAD club, I also can not since the
          latest software downgrade at the site. Might now refuse to do APPLE.

Identical panels facing same direction should have near identical
          output, if the inverter is capable. This has happened to me when
          an MC4 connector burned out on a string. I found it using a DC
          clamp on ammeter. You did not say how the panels are arranged,
          do you have equalizers. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
          X