X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffreyk
    • Apr 2022

AP Systems Monitoring Question

Hi,

I've got a question for those of you running the AP Systems monitoring system. The system shows output in Power in w and Energy in kWh. I assume the Power figure is the DC input seen at the inverter and the Energy is the AC output from the inverters? Is that correct?

I have 12 Longi 430W panels and 3 AP systems QS1 micro inverters. On the AP Systems App, I see 4200w power during peak during the day and 0.34kWh peak during the same time. The module display shows 325-370w per panel. That will ad up to the 4200w.

0.34kWh energy figure I assume is the "clipped" output. These inverters only have a total of 1200VA (is a VA similar to a Watt in this setting?) each so 3600VA total. So does the 3400kWh max make sense?

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeffreyk; 04-28-2022, 06:38 PM.
  • nerdralph
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2021

Energy should be the accumulated production over a period of time, typically a day. If the inverters are producing 3kW of power for 2 hours, that would be 6kWh.
    When talking about inverter output, VA and Watts can be considered the same. To be pedantic, they can be slightly different if the voltage and current are not in phase.

Comment

• Jeffreyk
      • Apr 2022

Thanks for that.

I suppose the question really is what do the numbers I see represent? The "power" figure is that DC input or AC output? The Energy is power over time, but does this represent DC input energy or AC output energy before clipping or AC output energy after clipping.

I say clipping because I have 430W Panels on an inverter that maxes out at 1200W...

Jeff

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

My guess, based on how my Enphase monitoring works is that the results are AC Energy and Power. Since this is a Grid Tie system the meaningful number for someone exporting and offsetting loads would be Watts of AC. That implies it is after clipping.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...