X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by azdave

Of course they would rebate per the contract. They make a load of profit off of these lease agreements. They are not going to risk breaking that contract when it is very profitable for them to keep the leesee happy.
    Ahh, Sunrun. One of the true solar bottom feeding slugs.

Comment

• albert436
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by ADADJlSEJ
      We moved out in a house which has Sunrun solar panel about 2 years ago.

We heard that solar panels pay itself. So we liked that the house has the panel(8kW) already.

However today I figured out how much we loose money with the panel.

I checked that SunRun panel have produced about 10580 kWh for 12 months. And Edision give credit $0.190/kWh for super off peak.

So we saved about $0.190/kWh * 10580 kWh = $2010

Of course, 10580kWh was produced on off peak time and mid peak time too which Edison pay more. So the $ the panel produced should be little more than that.

Let say the Panel produced $2300 worthy of energy, instead of $2010 for one year.

However we pay $199 monthly to Sunburn.

$199*12= $2388 / year

Also we had to pay $661 to Edison one time last year for NEM(Net Energy Metering)

So by using Sunrun panel,

We spend about $2388+$661

And we saved $2300

So we loose $749.

By the way, our daily average electricity usage was 9.62 kWh, which is 3511kWh yearly.
      Please let me know if it is normal or not, and what is the best solution for us now.
      We will charge our Tesla(we will drive 50-60miles a day) at our home, so we will use more electric.

I attached two Edison invoices - one winter, one summer -
      I also attached a contract with Sunrun, and some data from Edison.
      Please review, and let me know if we're loosing money, or not.
      By the way, I edited above pdf files to delete personal information.

Thank you.

Edison bill -summer 2021.pdf
      I love how you called them "Sunburn" (I highlighted it for you). I am guessing that was an unintentional autocorrect, or ? ? ?

Comment

• allen grey
        • Feb 2023

It is important to note that the average daily electricity usage of 9.62 kWh, or 3,511 kWh yearly, may vary depending on the household's electricity usage habits and the energy efficiency of the appliances and lighting in the home.

In order to determine the best solution for the homeowner, it may be necessary to conduct a more detailed analysis of their energy usage and costs, and consider options such as reducing energy consumption, upgrading to more energy-efficient appliances, and possibly switching to a different solar panel provider or system. Consulting with a licensed solar energy professional may be helpful in making these decisions.

Comment

• Ampster
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by allen grey
          In order to determine the best solution for the homeowner, it may be necessary to conduct a more detailed analysis of their energy usage and costs, and consider options such as reducing energy consumption, upgrading to more energy-efficient appliances, and possibly switching to a different solar panel provider or system. Consulting with a licensed solar energy professional may be helpful in making these decisions.
          I agree that analysis is important. However the ghist of this thread is buyer beware of Power Purchase Agreements. I am sure that Sunrun is a "licensed solar energy professional" and my advice to anyone who has asked about a Sunrun proposal is, "Run from Sunrun!" and I give them the names of vetted installers who have earned a good reputation.
          I much prefer informed personal analysis before relying on a professional. It allows me to evaluate their opinions optimally.
          Last edited by Ampster; 02-15-2023, 02:03 PM.
          9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• alfredohubbard
            • Mar 2023

Discussing financial matters with someone you trust and seeking help when needed are essential steps in managing financial stress. It's also crucial to teach our teenagers good money habits from a young age to help them navigate these challenges in the future. For anyone feeling overwhelmed by debt or financial stress, reaching out to organizations like the National Debt Helpline can make a significant difference. Remember, you're not alone, and there are resources available to help. If anyone here is looking for ways to make some extra cash while dealing with financial stress, you might want to explore bingo games online. They can be a fun and potentially rewarding way to pass the time and even earn a little extra income.
            Last edited by SunEagle; 11-22-2023, 05:40 PM. Reason: removed link to the online games

Comment

Working...