X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhillflorida View Post
    I will not be supplying quite 100%.
    That is good! With grid-tie, the best bang for the buck is a system that provides less than 100% of your needs (unless you have a sweetheart contract with the local utility and they pay you full retail for the excess).

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
    6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

I got my liability policy and my system is going online this week. 14,965 watts!
      Insurance agents are blowing this totally out of proportion. What is required is a personal liability policy for $1m with FPL listed as a certificate holder. There is no protection afforded to FPL, it is for the homeowner. My policy was $400.

If anyone needs this type of policy, the agent I found can write these policies all day. PM me since I am not sure it is allowed for to post contact details here. His agency is in Royal Palm Beach, FL. I had a great experience.

So far Climatic Solar has been great. I have REC Alpha Premium panels and Enphase IQ7+ microinverters.

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post

That is good! With grid-tie, the best bang for the buck is a system that provides less than 100% of your needs (unless you have a sweetheart contract with the local utility and they pay you full retail for the excess).
        This is so new to me. I am going to see how the hot humid Florida summer goes. I put in additional attic insulation a few weeks ago so it is hard to know exactly how much electricity I will use. I am studying the Tesla Powerwall partly since I own a Tesla car and they allow you to draw battery power from the car during an outage. I am just so happy to be finally going online. The final inspection was today and everything passed. The utility (FPL) will install the meter in the next few days then the system is live!

Comment

Working...
        X