X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calsun
    • Oct 2022

When I had the panels and inverter installed I also had the electrician install a "whole house" surge protector. These are cheap at less than $100 and the electrician was on site to install the inverter. We don't have electrical storms where I live, but power surges and power sags are a weekly occurrence.

Comment

• leaptrend
      • Dec 2022

Power surges can be a common cause of damage to electronic devices, including microinverters. However, the frequency with which power surges cause damage to microinverters can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the strength and duration of the power surge, the quality and age of the microinverters, and whether or not the microinverters were protected by surge protection devices.

In general, it is always a good idea to use surge protection devices to help protect your electronic devices from power surges. These devices can help to absorb excess voltage and prevent it from reaching your electronics, reducing the risk of damage from power surges. It is also a good idea to ensure that your microinverters are installed and maintained properly to help reduce the risk of damage from power surges and other sources.

Comment

• Calsun
        • Oct 2022

As a practical manner how would one protect a dozen or more microinverters attached to solar panels mounted on a roof? Best to invest in a set of backup inverters so when one fails it can be quickly replaced. It is much easier to protect a single grid tie inverter.

Comment

Working...