SolarEdge Inverter Mysteriously Switching to Cellular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolarEdge Inverter Mysteriously Switching to Cellular

For the second time ever, my SolarEdge SE7600A-USS20NHB2 StorEdge inverter has somehow switched from basic Ethernet LAN communication to Cellular. The system was operational on 2/11/2020 and the first time it ever happened was on 11/18/2020. It just did it again this morning and each time I've had to use the button on the inverter to manually switch back to LAN. The Cellular SIM isn't activated so I am alerted to the issue when I can no longer monitor the system from the app or web.

Has anyone else experienced something like this or know what could trigger the switch?

What did the installer say when you asked him ?

Comment

I love how that’s you’re go-to response.

My installer situation is complicated. My original installer didn’t finish the job so I had a second installer finish. No labor warranty and they don’t monitor anything. I have full installer access to my system and SolarEdge provides me tech support when needed. I’m not ready to bring this issue to their attention yet.

Over Christmas, I was unable to change storage profiles for my battery and I called into tech support. They did some firmware updates and it seemed to sort
      itself out in a couple weeks.

I just wanted to gauge if this is a common occurrence or just affects my system.

Comment

perhaps your home router is resetting or the connection to the internet is temporarily disrupted so the inverter is trying celluar connection as a back up. Yesterday there were a lot of websites and services down and today I have noticed some sites will not load for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tryintoshine View Post
          perhaps your home router is resetting or the connection to the internet is temporarily disrupted so the inverter is trying celluar connection as a back up. Yesterday there were a lot of websites and services down and today I have noticed some sites will not load for whatever reason.
          Apparently a crew cut a fiber cable in Brooklyn and disrupted internet for much of the northeast yesterday morning.

I've had internet drops before with no change to the inverter but I can experiment with that. I'm wondering how I can remove cellular as an option. Is there a SIM card I can remove?

Comment

My experience is that SolarEdge inverters will revert to cellular as long as a cellular modem is installed. You would need to (have an installer) disconnect the cellular modem inside the inverter.

Comment

Working...
            X