Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

energy monitor not matching output of inverters ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energy monitor not matching output of inverters ??

Just installed wifi eyedro energy monitor in my panel - includes 2 clamp on sensors.

I have 2 inverters, each with 2 non neutral wires and 1 neutral for AC output.

I played around with different combos clamping each sensor around a pair of non neutral wires (trying to get the right phases together) and ended up with something close.

BUT it's not matching identically with inverter display.

Ex: Inverter 1 display says 841 W, inverter 2 says 603 W, but my energy monitor is showing 778 and 783.

Do you think I have something swapped? Or will the current sensors never match that closely to inverter displays?

Thanks in advance.

I do not know if the inverters are measuring DC input or AC output wattage. The CT's usually provide AC wattage which is on the output side.

The measuring monitors may also be mixed up or configured wrong.

Can you provide us with any pictures or wiring diagram of your system?

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      I do not know if the inverters are measuring DC input or AC output wattage. The CT's usually provide AC wattage which is on the output side.

The measuring monitors may also be mixed up or configured wrong.

Can you provide us with any pictures or wiring diagram of your system?
      Yeah, AC wattage is what display is showing me.

Comment

Originally posted by barneyfoot View Post

Yeah, AC wattage is what display is showing me.
        It is kind of strange to have the energy monitor showing less energy output then the #1 inverter and more energy output on the #2 inverter.

I know the wattage is a calculation of the amps x the voltage so maybe the voltage being measured is different on at the energy monitor then the inverter. If you have a way to measure the amps and volts that the monitor is measuring maybe you can determine if the wattage value is correct.

Comment

Are you monitoring at the inverter connection BEFORE it "sees" the house or other loads ??
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
            Are you monitoring at the inverter connection BEFORE it "sees" the house or other loads ??
            monitoring right as it comes into electrical panel, right before the respective breakers

Comment

Working...
            X