• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueman2
    replied
    Originally posted by theoak View Post
    4.10.30 is out now
    Good catch. I installed but see no difference. The SolarEdge website does not show the new firmware yet, so no idea what has changed.

5.JPG

Leave a comment:

• theoak
    replied
    4.10.30 is out now

Leave a comment:

• reader2580
    replied
    There was a thread here a while back announcing the Setapp inverters now had WI-FI in the USA. I didn't really understand what people where saying the thread, but I assume that WI-FI in the USA was not really available? I bought a Setapp inverter for an expansion since that thread, but I plan to do Ethernet since my WI-FI might not reach.

The issues list doesn't seem any worse than the issues list for a lot of the software I install in the IT world. Most of the issues seem to not affect mainstream Solaredge customers.

Leave a comment:

• theoak
    replied
    I was hoping they would have opened up WiFi to a home router for US based installations. Apparently it is in Europe. Instead, they continue their wireless gateway approach. I see why as it essentially illuminates support. They assume folks however have a router with a free network port that is within range of the inverter. I can't seem to find the pricing for it.

An idea would be to open up password setup in the mySolarEdgeApp and if the home user changes their wifi password, they can update it accordingly in the app.
    Last edited by theoak; 10-18-2020, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Is this beta test ? So many issues

Leave a comment:

• blueman2
    started a topic New SolarEdge Inverter Firmware 4.10.25

New SolarEdge Inverter Firmware 4.10.25

New Features & Enhancements
    Added display of DC power and current measurements via SetApp’s Status screen for commercial inverters. Inverters with synergy technology will display the measurements per unit.
    Support S0 consumption meter
    Support wireless gateway for wireless communication between SolarEdge inverters and the monitoring platform. Read more about the wireless gateway at: https://www.solaredge.com/us/product...less-gateway#/
    For North America installations – enhanced circuit breaker trip protection in installations with smart EV charger and a battery both connected to the energy hub inverter. In cases where EV and battery are charging from the grid simultaneously, the charging levels of each device are reduced to prevent the inverter's circuit breaker tripping.
    For Australia installations
    Enhanced phase balancer for system installations comprised of multiple single phase inverters with power output of 5kW and above on 2-phase or 3-phase grids
    New Country grid codes:
    Australia VIC
    Australia Essential Energy
    Australia Ausgrid
    Australia Endeavour Energy
    Australia SAPN
    Australia Horizon Power
    Australia Evoenergy

Fixes
    ESS Operation Mode menu item may appear in the Energy Manager screen in locations where this is not required (non-U.S. locations)
    When reactive power mode is set to ‘Q’, the ‘Cos Phi’ status in the Status screen might show NA
    For North America installations - inverters with built-in consumption metering, changing the meter function setting might not be applied on the first attempt
    When manually turning-on Smart Energy device that is configured to a lower excess PV priority, can result in another Smart Energy device with higher excess PV priority increase its power
    False communication error 3x2 when there’s an LTE cellular connection

Known Issues
    For StorEdge installation, in case of TOU profile change from SetApp, the new settings may not be reflected in the monitoring platform.
    Workaround: Re-apply the TOU profile from the monitoring platform
    In installations with S0 meter, the monitoring platform charts may present power telemetries that fluctuate by ~50W.
    Workaround: The fluctuations do not affect the meter accuracy; users can disregard the spikes in the chart.
    For North America installations - inverters with built-in consumption metering:
    Changing the meter function setting might not be applied on the first attempt
    The CT rating might receive a value different from its default upon connection
    Workaround: Set the meter function again
    In sites with three phase StorEdge inverter, the low voltage battery connected via CAN bus, might appear in SetApp under the Modbus devices
    While performing a battery test in StorEdge installations, a test-in-progress icon can appear after the test results were already received
    When the inverter is in alternative power source (APS) mode, pairing cannot be performed
    In case of a communication issue between the leader inverter and its follower(s), the follower inverter’s RRCR value will reset
    CosPhi shows wrong value during pairing on SetApp
    Workaround: There is no meaning for CosPhi during pairing
    If smart energy device status is manually changed while the AC is disconnected from the inverter, when the inverter’s AC is restored, it will restore the smart energy device state as before the AC disconnection.
    Workaround: Manually change the smart energy device state if needed
    When resetting the inverter energy counters, ‘This Year’ value doesn’t reset.
    Inverter without HD-Wave technology temperature shows 0 when in standby mode
    Workaround: In standby mode, there is no production, thus temperature sensing is not relevant

Working...
X