X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keaton85
    • May 2010

Advice: Metal conduit run inside wall from roof

Just about to start finishing off the interior upstairs on our house. Totally spaced getting conduit into the walls for the grid-tie...

real quick:
    21 panels run to a SB inverter. Plan is run two strings into the SB and leave one MPPT input open for a ground month array later.

should I run 1” or 3/4 Metal? And can I run the flex I able style or does it have to be rigid? Also for the output of the inverter since it’s AC, can I use PVC to the breaker in the house?

thanks!!!
  • bob-n
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2019

For the best advice, consult a licensed electrician, then get that verified with the local inspector (AHJ) to make sure that they are not going to demand more than the code allows.

But that said, as a layman (me) reads it, the code allows metal flex for DC and allows PVC for AC. There are requirements for the spacings between them and labeling. Do a web search for "NEC 690.31" to get the facts for your installation.
    7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

• keaton85
      • May 2010

Thanks! I was suspecting that, already talked to the electrition I have been consulting with. Will double check with the code officer tomorrow morning.

im actually more wondering if I should bother with 1” EMT if I only have 21 panels, which would likely be only two sets of #10 and a EGC.

Comment

Working...