X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PVAndy
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by solar_future

How do you feel about your Model 3, so far? Range anxiety? Did you get the FSD?
    Yes I have FSD. Put off HW3 upgrade due to Covid. Getting installed Aug 11 by mobile tech. I’ve only had range anxiety a couple of times when I got down to about 20 miles range. Back when I was working at an office I put in about 150 miles per day. Have driven to mid New Jersey from New Haven CT area. No issue. I used SuperChargers for the 9 months they were free. Now charge of my 20kW array. Lots of not busy SuperChargers within 20 miles. Tesla Service Center about 20 minutes from my house.

I don’t think I’ll ever buy an ICE car again. I love the way it drives, and the fact hat I can watch Netflix and YouTube when my wife shops!

Have a deposit down on Cyber Truck

Andy

Comment

• solar_future
      • May 2015

Originally posted by PVAndy

Yes I have FSD. Put off HW3 upgrade due to Covid. Getting installed Aug 11 by mobile tech. I’ve only had range anxiety a couple of times when I got down to about 20 miles range. Back when I was working at an office I put in about 150 miles per day. Have driven to mid New Jersey from New Haven CT area. No issue. I used SuperChargers for the 9 months they were free. Now charge of my 20kW array. Lots of not busy SuperChargers within 20 miles. Tesla Service Center about 20 minutes from my house.

I don’t think I’ll ever buy an ICE car again. I love the way it drives, and the fact hat I can watch Netflix and YouTube when my wife shops!

Have a deposit down on Cyber Truck

Andy
      What are you thoughts on FSD? Do you use it a lot?

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Consistent with some of the discussion of this thread about the safety features of FSD, Autopilot or just the hardware in the cars Tesla just released this:

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/01...ce=marfeelpush

I know there will be those that will dismiss this as "greenwash" but there is some factual information even though it comes in the form or a press release. Anecdotally I have talked about my experience. Today I got one of those early warning beeps and it was not because the car in front of me that had slowed down. It was the car in front of the car in front of me that had abruptly stopped. I watched as the car in front of me slammed on his brakes to avoid a rear end accident. I had plenty of time to come to a gentle stop mostly on regenerative braking.
        Last edited by Ampster; 08-01-2020, 11:44 PM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• solar_future
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Ampster
          Consistent with some of the discussion of this thread about the safety features of FSD, Autopilot or just the hardware in the cars Tesla just released this:

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/01...ce=marfeelpush

I know there will be those that will dismiss this as "greenwash" but there is some factual information even though it comes in the form or a press release. Anecdotally I have talked about my experience. Today I got one of those early warning beeps and it was not because the car in front of me that had slowed down. It was the car in front of the car in front of me that had abruptly stopped. I watched as the car in front of me slammed on his brakes to avoid a rear end accident. I had plenty of time to come to a gentle stop mostly on regenerative braking.
          Cool, hopefully increased automated accident avoidance will lead to lower accidents and lower insurance costs. I know Tesla has an insurance arm, and Tesla is looking for actuaries to work in its telematics insurance business.

Comment

Working...